When Will The Second Batch Arrive??

jjm861

Bart at Big Boy Hobbies has a well deserved reputation for excellent service and fair dealing.  If he required full payment in advance for the Equinox, I guess he had a good reason.  My own reasoning on the ethics of the thing might be overlooking some aspect of the Minelab/Dealer relationship which I am unaware of.  For example - in the past, ML had a reputation for tough terms for dealers about taking inventory of lines of detectors which were not “hot sellers”.  If for example, a dealer is required to purchase other inventory which he might not otherwise take on in order to secure orders of EQ’s, then this cost of carrying excess inventory has to be met somehow.

My apologies to any worthy dealer who had good reason for asking for advance payment - it might be interesting, however to hear what some of these good reasons are.

• Like 2

I've pre-ordered three metal detectors recently through Kellyco & another dealer & Kellyco is the only one I had to pay upfront. I' ve heard very little news from Kellyco on the minelab 800, which I had pre-ordered since Nov. 12th. I'm sure this will be the last thing I will purchase through Kellyco. Just a little disappointed in Tn. Terry.

• Like 2

I guess I must have just imagined that part about MineLab saying they would try to accommodate pre-orders first.....no, wait, here it is on their official homepage:

"*Initial availability will be limited in all regions due to the very high pre-release demand. Dealers will soon be notified regarding local allocations and shipments. Please contact your local dealer for specific availability information. We will be doing our best to get detectors to all customers across February to fulfil pre-orders as quickly as possible."

I don't know about you-all, but that kind of suggests to me that they were well aware that some people had "pre-ordered" and those people would have priority. And no, I'm not just being impatient and wanting "instant gratification".  We are leaving Florida on April 1st.  After that, we won't have an address to ship mine to for 6 months.  

• Like 3

I do not know where I stand as far as getting mine from the second shipment but I hope that I do.  If I am I will drive 200 miles to Boise and pick it up, spend the night in Boise and try the machine out on the way home.  If I am part of the 3rd shipment I will most likely be back to work and not make the trip.  Maybe just wishful thinking.  We'll see.......:unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry Greenway said:

Yep, that's pretty sad. I e-mailed Kellyco this morning & asked if I might get mine this month? I have received no answer. Terry

Terry, Kellyco has not been the most forthcoming with information to me either , they were very rude and told me when I got an email from them I’d know to be looking in the mail for my nox . Kellyco has received their very last dollar from me 

• Like 1

Pre-ORDER ——— Not the same as Pre-PAY!

Minelab said nothing about Pre-Paid orders - just Pre-orders.

Pre order from Adorama, B&H, 47 th Street Photo, Apple —— none or them ask you to Pre-pay.

they clearly state that your card is not charged until they ship!

My dealer took “Pre-orders” - he took no “Pre-Pay’s”

Minelab just posted in Facebook that they are shipping in Europe this week so keep an eye on Minelabs Facebook page for latest Equinox updates

• Like 1

I'm currently #7 on Barts big boys preorder list, having prepaid on October 8. Crossing fingers that his next allocation will be enough to ship mine.  I ordered my previous two detectors at big boys as well. 

No regrets and glad I prepaid. 

• Like 2

1st of all Bart at BigBoysHobbies did not ask me to prepay. I did it because I wanted to and that way when they come in he didn't have to notify me. I have no idea where I am on the list.. My past experience with Bart has been excellent even when I ordered an out of stock item.  I just know I will get mine before those that didn't prepay.. I know a cpl other excellent vendors that would love my business if I feel he slighted me.. I have spent close to 5k with Bart over the past 5 yrs..