When Will The Second Batch Arrive??

jjm861

Boy I can’t let my wife find out that I was 

wrong again.

I could never live it down with her knowing.

I got to eat humble pie again.

It’s a good thing I like pie.

Chuck

1 hour ago, Thegoldenone said:

Norm, if I got a copy of the receipt would you believe it? Or would you just say it's fake? I know for a fact  where 8  equinoxes  were delivered all bought  from Cabela's and 6 to one guy that doesn't include  the three the previous poster mentioned  so that makes 11  Cabela's got out of the first batch that I know of! Give me six equinoxes and I guarantee you I'll get 1200 a piece for them!! 

I ordered mine 5 months ago and was patiently waiting until I seen Cabela's selling them to people on the internet who never got in line!

If I was a dealer I'd be extremely pissed off that Minelab was selling to Cabela's before my pre-orders were filled! I bet probably 75 to 90% of the sales Cabelas makes takes money out of the dealers pockets because pre-ordered guys that are sick of waiting are going to try and buy them off Cabelas and then cancel their orders with a dealer! Just my two cents worth!

I was just reading another forum a guy they're ordered 3 from Cabelas so that makes 14! if I can find 14, I wonder how many they got?

My Cabelas story is double humiliating.  A good friend decided last week to jump on the Equinox bandwagon on a whim and ordered from Cabelas.  Having been a "victim" [I was testing the system and knew it was snowball's chance that it would go through] of the initial January false start online order fiasco at Cabelas, I told him (via public forum post) the 4 - 7 day direct shipping timeline appeared to be a boilerplate timeline applicable to when ML had production fully up and running and to expect a backorder notification from the Cabelas shipping department with a more realistic availablity (similar to what happened to me in January).  After all, I said, there is no way ML would ship to a seller who does not take preorders when hundreds (at Kellyco alone) are waiting for their preorders to arrive.  Instead, he got an immediate shipping notification and tracking number.  UPS delivered his unit yesterday, 7 days after his order.  As soon as he had shipping notification, the Cabelas website showed sold out, so I couldn't even cut and run.  So here I am still waiting since an October preorder and looking like a fool for telling him to have realistic expectations of delivery.    ML sure knows how to really stroke its loyal preorder customer base.  Priceless.

• Like 2

Actually, Cabelas technically did not "get" any.  They have them drop shipped from a ML distributor apparently (their website says shipped directly by manufacturer).  That explains why none are in any stores that I know of.

Since this is the case, looking on the bright side (ha!),  I will monitor Cabelas Equinox page to see when it will go live again because that could be the canary in the coal mine as to when the second batch is shipping as Cabelas' drop ship allocation at the mysterious distributor will have arrived.  We'll see.

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Boy I can’t let my wife find out that I was 

wrong again.

I could never live it down with her knowing.

I got to eat humble pie again.

It’s a good thing I like pie.

Chuck

I'm still pulling for a Feb 22 delivery for ya buddy!  That should soften the sting of humiliation.  Plus net me a new scale.  :laugh:

Has anybody tried Bass Pro Shops?  Bass Pro bought out Cabelas a while back, so technically they own them.  Both carry metal detectors. And both carry Minelab.  I didn't see the Equinox on their website but also didn't call them.  I did stop at one of their stores and a local Cabelas last week looking for an Equinox but didn't find one.

It appears that Cabela's was allocated an inventory based on history of previous sales, matched with a history of business relationship with Minelab in this PARTICULAR GENRE of metal detectors. What I'm observing is which dealer/s have the best relationship with Minelab in this particular GENRE of metal detectors. That is to say the $300 - $1500 price range. Your local small shop that has ONLY worked to sell 3030's, 4500's, and 7000's for example, will get less priority than those that sell X-Terra's, Excalibur's, and Gold Monsters.

The next logical observation is, "OK... So why doesn't Amazon and WalMart have an allocation then?" My guess is they buy in bulk and carry inventory. That means that Minelab gives them a "bulk discount", to store at their individual warehouses, making less profit. In other words, sure Walmart carries X-Terra's, but probably orders 10 at a time from Minelab once every 3 years, with a 35% profit margin. Cabela's on the other hand is a drop shipper, likely only making a 10% margin for simply taking an order, and NOT carrying inventory. Thus Minelab makes its max profits via Cabela's, matched with a history of Cabela's having the most sales in this particular genre of detectors.

In the end, I believe Minelab will indeed stock your Big Boy's, Kellyco's, etc., they just simply chose to launch what I believe to be a very limited inventory at this point, with the company that made the most business sense. So, it's not Minelab per sey, just the relationship individual dealers have with Minelab given a currently limited inventory. 

• Like 1