When Will The Second Batch Arrive??

jjm861

No worries. I get it and I have teased Minelab people right to their faces about attitudes regarding the company. They can improve in many ways when it comes to communications and transparency. I mainly just try to keep things positive even in the face of obvious frustration. Thank you!

• Like 1

My story is simple:

I've never once, ever in my life, have ever been out metal detecting. I currently own zero metal detectors. As a new years resolution, like with every year, I seek a new way to expand and improve my business in some fashion. This year it happens to be incorporating metal detecting into my picking repertoire. To be honest, I'm a little embarrassed, and feel like a slow learning dope for not recognizing the activity until now. Metal detecting fits both my working, and personal lifestyle... and just who I am as a person.

I very much sympathize with everyone who's been waiting since September 2017, as I've only been waiting since mid January. It's forums like this that have 100% sold me on the EQ 800. With a full blown case of cabin fever (It gets worse every year), I too am impatient and frustrated. As a matter of fact, I'm only here for the moment to help pass the time until I can be out in my back yard this spring, clearing spots with my new 800, so I can set up my tents, camping stoves, and such for the first time in 20 years.

• Like 5

Detecting is a great Hobby you get plenty of exercise get to find cool stuff and like me I'm on the Florida keys beaches the sights can be extreme at times!

Get proficient with your machine and persistence will pay off! And remember you got the best thing going for you beginner's luck!

1 hour ago, NuggetBuddy said:

My story is simple:

I've never once, ever in my life, have ever been out metal detecting. I currently own zero metal detectors. As a new years resolution, like with every year, I seek a new way to expand and improve my business in some fashion. This year it happens to be incorporating metal detecting into my picking repertoire. To be honest, I'm a little embarrassed, and feel like a slow learning dope for not recognizing the activity until now. Metal detecting fits both my working, and personal lifestyle... and just who I am as a person.

I very much sympathize with everyone who's been waiting since September 2017, as I've only been waiting since mid January. It's forums like this that have 100% sold me on the EQ 800. With a full blown case of cabin fever (It gets worse every year), I too am impatient and frustrated. As a matter of fact, I'm only here for the moment to help pass the time until I can be out in my back yard this spring, clearing spots with my new 800, so I can set up my tents, camping stoves, and such for the first time in 20 years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thegoldenone said:

like me I'm on the Florida keys beaches the sights can be extreme at times!

Feel free to start a pictorial thread goldenone  :laugh::laugh:

That's OK isn't it Steve?  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Thegoldenone said:

Get proficient with your machine and persistence will pay off!

Yeah. Learning how to use the 800, or any detector for that matter, will indeed be a whole other thing. I have yet to put my hands on a machine, but I've already logged hundreds of hours as a detectorist sleuthing potential locations. As a matter of fact, one location I've been most excited to detect was discovered to be severely compromised. As most of you will probably relate, it's one thing to search Google satellite images, and street views in your jammies and slippies, and totally another to actually go to the location.

I found an old log cabin church built in the 1850's right in the middle of the city. Satellite images, and street views showed it to be PERFECT. It literally is in the back yard of house in a neighborhood. The beauty of it though, is it all backs up to public access. Behind this neighborhood is an old library with a walking path instead of an alley separating the neighborhood from the library grounds. Lots of huge oak trees and grassy areas leading up to the church, which looks out over the back courtyard of the library. The icing on the cake is the church is somewhat next to the parking lot for the library. Easy in, easy out, discrete location, and the church itself is fairly non-descript. It's about the size of a large detached garage with a loft. To the casual passer by it looks like a small horse barn style workshop in someones back yard.

I happened to be in the area on Friday, and thought I'd check it out to see if it's everything I thought it was going to be. SURE ENOUGH, the entire area is surrounded by makeshift construction fencing protecting bulldozers and front loaders in the middle of a giant hole in the ground. Apparently, at the end of last summer, the library decided to start ripping up the walkway and parking lot. The ground is LITERALLY turned upside down. Almost 200 years of pay dirt... GONE!

That said, I REFUSE to give up on the location. You can bet when I finally do get my hands on my 800, and when the ground thaws, I will be back there with my hard hat, and reflective vest dropping my coil on any slivers of ground they haven't ruined.

Nuggetbuddy,

Ripped up streets parks or anywhere that the ground has been peeled back... Are like virgin ground...

When I lived in Minnesota we used to drive around just looking for construction, some of my oldest finds came from ripped up parks!

From what I can tell about the equinox, if you just use the presets and don't mess around too much till you learn the machine you will be fine

• Like 1

On 2/16/2018 at 4:24 PM, Terry Greenway said:

Yep, that's pretty sad. I e-mailed Kellyco this morning & asked if I might get mine this month? I have received no answer. Terry

I just called Kellyco today. They are receiving a "small" shipment again from what they hear. All that was on the first shipment is shipped to the customers. They know that Minelab said that the goal is to have all backorders completed by the end of March, but more than just a few need to be shipped to them they said.  They also said that with the Youtube and other reviews on the Equinox out they are getting a bunch of pre-orders again. Now my thoughts are, how is anyone going to have stock in their shops if pre-orders are continuing?  
Time will tell.