Report From Terry Soloman

18 hours ago, phrunt said:

Well, after going off getting an 800 I've decided to bite the bullet and get one.  The real world tests are coming back much better than I expected, I figured there was going to be quite a bit of negativity due to how hyped up it was, that negatively just doesn't seem to be there.

In saying hyped up I'm not saying by the people who already had access to one, it was hyped the most up by people wanting one! It seems it was worth the wait.

I might just have to start doing some detecting other than gold prospecting to get the most out of it though, at least that can be done almost anywhere.

Since you having your NOx soon in hands, maybe you can show us some field test on gold, would be very interesting to see how the NOx works on small gold nuggets in the field of production units, and also a test of the NOx versus Gold Monster would be very interesting. I see that you own a Gold Monster. Please show us a comparison test against the NOx! You will be the first one to give a test like this,since I don't see any test on gold nuggets anywhere yet.

Thanks

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Sure I will do that, I have a variety of sizes of gold now I can test on from my finds with my Gold Monster 1000 and the Sluice.

My results are likely to differ to people elsewhere though as we have very mild soil here, even in our gold areas.

Thanks PHRUNT, would be very interesting to see your test, even with mild soil, any test is better than no test!

Looking forward to it, and I know , I will be not the only one!

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:21 PM, Mark Gillespie said:

I have so much to tell but I'm waiting to compile the bulk of what I've learned.  I'm awestruck to say the least.  Just can't believe what I'm seeing/hearing.

I can't wait to see/hear what you have to say.  Are you going to post it here?

Steve

Terry and I and some others have a similar problem. We are getting older and we have too many detectors. When I got my hands on Equinox I had the same epiphany as Terry - I just don’t need all these other detector’s anymore, and this one is lighter and more capable than all of them so time to simplify things. If I had to get rid of every detector I own but one, I would keep the Equinox. And that includes my GPZ 7000!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Terry and I and some others have a similar problem. We are getting older and we have too many detectors. When I got my hands on Equinox I had the same epiphany as Terry - I just don’t need all these other detector’s anymore, and this one is lighter and more capable than all of them so time to simplify things. If I had to get rid of every detector I own but one, I would keep the Equinox. And that includes my GPZ 7000!

Wow.  Can't make that determination yet since I haven't yet had my opportunity with the Equinox.  But knowing what I know so far and seeing what I have seen,  and hunting what I hunt, I think I could easily get away with three detectors (GPX (deep relics in highly mineralized soil), Deus (travels lite, low profile, and ultra HF operation to 80 khz for thick iron and mid conductive relics), and Equinox (water, beach, and general purpose) to easily cover all my scenarios.   After I get my Equinox will do your "If I could only have one" thought exercise and it will come down to either Equinox or Deus (GPX is too specialized and cannot be used at all under certain conditions, perhaps similar to the GPZ).  We'll see which one it is in Culpeper this March (whichever one does best in thick iron with high mineralization will be declared the winner for me).  But I'll still keep all three, lol (just like you plan on keeping the GPZ, Gold Monster, and Equinox, plus one or two others).

54 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

But I'll still keep all three, lol (just like you plan on keeping the GPZ, Gold Monster, and Equinox, plus one or two others).

For now. That is just my insurance policy. At the end of this summer I will go to round two of my weeding process. Several more units will probably go away.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That last sentence is an eye-opener Steve.