Fisher F19 vs Gold Bug Pro vs F75Ltd vs F75Ltd2

I got my hands on a prototype of the new Fisher F75 and was very impressed with the improved EMI (ElectroMagnetic Interference) resistance more than anything. I also liked the new ferrous tones option that allows the operator to set the volume of the ferrous tone lower than the tone from non-ferrous targets. This makes the non-ferrous targets stand out better and is less fatiguing to listen to. The new FA fast mode is something I do not need as much as some people. It is intended to improve separation of adjacent items while detecting. For me I had sold my previous F75 for no other reason than EMI issues and let it go in favor of my Gold Bug Pro, which is exactly the opposite when it comes to EMI. The big attraction for me in the new F75 is the EMI resistance.

I had to send the prototype back but was told I would see a production unit eventually. I must have been last on the list because it kept not showing up. Questions raised in the meantime really got me to wondering about things, so while I was waiting I found a deal on a never used 2013 F75Ltd version 7.0A. I figured it would give me a baseline for comparisons to the new unit when and if it ever arrived. Recent posts also got me wondering about the new Fisher F19, and on an impulse I picked up one of those also in like new condition.

So I am sitting around playing with these two detectors when my new 2015 F75Ltd2 shows up a few days ago. Only one problem. The ground is frozen here. Now, I would love to say I went out and tested the heck out of these three detectors, head to head, under stringent test conditions, witnessed, verified, and on video. Given the circumstances it seems almost criminal not to. The reality is however that I am about burned out on the whole Fisher upgrade saga and just wanted to make a personal decision and move on. I do not feel like waiting around for the ground to thaw.

The F19 is a sweet little detector and does hit tiny low conductors better than the F75. The new F75 seems just marginally better than the 2013 F75 in that regard but still not as good as the F19. Since I have other machines that trump them all for small gold I decided what really mattered to me was larger item performance and overall features so the F19 got kicked to the curb.

My only real issue at that point was trying to determine if there was anything about the old F75 versus new F75 that would make me hesitant to upgrade. Again, I wish I could give you some kind of in depth report but I think I have learned my lesson reporting on machines where I have got one for free (sort of). The extra effort is kind of wasted so all that really matters is satisfying myself. I bench tested as best I could and the simple take away for me once again is the new F75 is remarkably more stable and interference free at higher gain levels than the old F75. I noted no significant loss of depth in all metal mode or anything else to cause me concern. I may very well have missed something, not saying I did not but it does look like I got a properly functioning F75Ltd2. I have decided I am happy with the new detector and that it is time to move on. I am getting pretty busy with getting ready for the prospecting season and in fact am headed to BLM right now to spend the day on claims research.

So for what it is worth it is new F75Ltd2 for me. If anyone is interested in like a like new F19 or F75Ltd they are both for sale at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/classifieds/ The F19 I am including my 5" and 11" DD coils from my Gold Bug Pro that I held onto just in case the F19 ended up being the keeper. They can go now also.

It really for anyone interested comes down to Fisher F19 vs Fisher F75Ltd2. From a prospecting perspective it is a no-brainer. The F19 is everything a Fisher Gold Bug Pro is along with some extra features like a backlight some people may like. It would be a bit better than a Gold Bug Pro at getting nuggets out of a pile of nails. The key issue is the F19 comes with the coil the Gold Bug Pro should come with but does not - the 5" x 10" DD coil. To get a Gold Bug Pro with that coil will cost you almost as much as just getting the F19 anyway, so I would tend to push people towards the F19 over the Gold Bug Pro for that very reason alone.

I also for gold prospecting would recommend the Gold Bug Pro or F19 over the F75. These two models are slightly hotter on little gold nuggets than the F75 and for quite a bit less money do everything a gold prospector might want.

So why am I going with the F75 myself?

The reality for me is I have other detectors I will use if I am chasing small gold nuggets. They would be the Fisher Gold Bug 2 for low mineral ground and Minelab SDC 2300 for high mineral ground. Having these two detectors makes my having the F19 or Gold Bug Pro overly redundant. What I am more interested in is a good VLF for looking for larger gold nuggets in trashy tailings and cobble piles using a larger coil. The F75 is slightly better suited for this task than the F19 or Gold Bug Pro but more importantly for me it is also a good urban coin and jewelry detector, especially with the new resistance to electrical interference. It used to be the big weakness in the F75 was urban use, and all of the sudden that is now a strong point for the machine.

I am glad to have put that all aside as the whole F75 thing has been dragging on for far longer than it should have. As seems to be usual for Fisher these days they need a bit of time to sort things out when they release a new model or even an upgrade to an old model. At this point it is probably safe for anyone wanting a new F75Ltd2 to get one or if they have an older model and want to have it upgraded I also think things seem to be sorted out on that end also. Those who are interested in upgrades can get details at http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/upgrade.htm

• Like 2

Steve, what is the larger coil you're going to use on your new F75 Ltd2 in the trashy tailings and cobble piles? I'm curious as I may have to get one larger than the 11" DD stock coil also!

Bill

The NEL seem to be getting mixed reports plus I wanted to get a similar coil for my V3i. So I ended up going with the 12" x 15" DeTech as detailed at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/494-fisher-f75se-vs-minelab-ctx-3030-vs-nokta-fors-gold-vs-whites-v3i/ with weights. The real kicker was Big K offering 20% off during the holiday so the savings were substantial for both coils together.

Do not get the Fisher 15" DD. Horribly overweight garbage can lid!

I have a 13" Ultimate for the F75 that is a lightweight and very good coil but the extra depth between it and the stock 11" coil is so minimal I would not buy it again if I had to do over. I like using it instead of the 11" but I think after extensive testing the advantage is mostly in my head. That is why I decided another step up was needed. Too heavy ruins a good machine and on bad ground no real gain so use great caution going too big on a VLF. Small coils are a far better investment.

• Like 2

I just ordered a RANGER 10" x 14" DD coil for my F75 out of Russia.   $110 plus $25 shipping didn't seem a bad price.  Hopefully it will be a good coil.   That is also the longest, thinest coil I can locate at this time.  Perhaps I'll get lucky and it will work halfway decent on my F5, too.

HH
Mike

• Like 1