NSC

That is fantastic, you're going to really enjoy that machine.  My confidence is extremely high when it comes to this machine.

Got mine yesterday . Started charging it and massive storm so turned it off (didn't want an electrical spike ) so this morning ready . Went and did some playing in an awkward area . After this   I will have to book in for an operation to seperate me and the Nox from each other .But wait for this big result . Hubby ( Mr Critic ) loves  loves loves it . Bugger .......as it looks like we will be getting 2 and I will have to dig my own holes ?  When  we went to pick up our Nox our son had already paid for it . So when we eventually get another does that count as getting two for the price of one  ??? . Big Nox night coming up on the beach tonight 

• Like 7

Sorry this post may not be very well done trying to get a photo to end up with my writing .Here is our first night out at the beach then the park. The beach was a dog beach and there was only junk and it didn't take long not to dig . The park was like concrete and had to jump onto the spade to even get it into the soil. The $2 coins rang up 21 - 22 solid . The oldest ones were about 5-6 inches down ( sorry ozzies as I was schooled with inches ) The newer one was about 2 inches . Every time it went 20 -21-22-23 it was a bottle cap so soon learnt not to be fooled by the 21-22 included in there . The 1 & 2c pieces (97% copper) rang up around 34 . They were about 7" down and they have been out of circulation since 1992 (26 yrs ) . As for the brass button I can't remember ( think it was around 28) and I have never seen this style before . I wanted this machine to attack the $2 and $1 coins and it blew me away at the accuracy of it . Man alive I still have some learning but it has begun . 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, NSC said:

Australia had the first batch of Equinox 600 & 800's delivered yesterday.

I was very lucky,  I use a small local retailer and his list was not too long plus he had a couple of people not quite ready for their equinox.

Totally unexpected but I got his call late yesterday. I was at the store just after he opened this morning (Saturday here)

I only put my name down late December but happily scored one of the 10x  800's delivered to him from Minelab.

Charging up as I type.

Lets hope a good number got rolled out to fellow Aussies as we cannot have the Americans having all the fun.:biggrin:.

Great summer weather here so no snow or ice to contend with. (just sunburn and the heat)

cheers and happy swinging :smile:

To all those patiently waiting, I hope time goes quick and delivery to you comes early. :smile:

Happy hunting with your new Nox, and show us some nice glittering Aussie gold finds.

Thanks Mark, Judy and Whitbey 

The Nox has breathed  some new enthusiasm into detecting for me.

I spent yesterday afternoon on the back lawn learning and recording Target ID numbers and how to pair & navigate around etc.

At sunrise I was at a popular beach which gets a lot of detectors over it everyday.

Like Judy I didnt set the world on fire $5.75 and a little Pandora thingy was my total.

I soon learned to switch to All Metal if you suspect a bottlecap ...their  ID number is often jumpy in A.M.- but I did dig most targets (except foil) as part of the learning process.

I ran it hot (chatty) for a while and then  I ran it quiet in both Beach 1 & 2 and was surprised at how tiny it will detect.... it picked out 2 tiny objects quite deep. One is a minute button, the other could be part of rivet. 

They were so small that my Garrett Pro-pointer was having trouble finding them

I like being able to hose off the sand after a beach hunt but noted that sand gets into the cam locks quite easily, also the stem holes. Took it all apart and washed and dried the shafts etc

P1140409res.jpg

P1140410 (2)res.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks about the idea to switch to all metal when a sus bottle cap . I will try that .  Bit awe struck with the Nox .  I have never used a machine with tdi readings so I am not sure what the normal is and what tricks to do so good to know