Sign Of Problem?

Mike_P

21 minutes ago, Thegoldenone said:

On the video I watched this morning that got deleted the guy talk to the Minelab service center and one of the first things they asked him to do was a total reset back to factory preset... he also said they told him they keep extra units in case there's any problems so they'll be a fast turn around!

Great so those still waiting for their units are behind Cabelas customers and the stockpiled units at the service center for initial failures. :sad:  Not saying that the service center should not be doing that, it is just something that makes a long committed but still waiting Equinox buyer sad.

• Like 1

Actually its a pretty good plan of action for the service centers Chase.  I doubt what they have in stock would make a dent in the current waiting lists and fast turn around is what is expected by customers.  Rather not hear the gnashing of teeth personally.

• Like 3

The service centers should have a few Equinox in stock to service defective detectors.. I wouldn't expect anything less.. I would sure hate to be one of the 1st to get an Equinox then have something go wrong with it and send it in for repair to be told we need to replace it but you have to wait until all the pre orders are filled.. After all the pre release hype and the frustrations people are experiencing at the moment you sure as heck don't want to hear about bad service..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DDancer said:

Actually its a pretty good plan of action for the service centers Chase.  I doubt what they have in stock would make a dent in the current waiting lists and fast turn around is what is expected by customers.  Rather not hear the gnashing of teeth personally.

Yep.  I know and agree.  That's why I ensured that I said "not saying the service center should not be doing that"  The service center is doing the right thing.  My point was that beside the Cabelas thing that is another sucking sound against the small number of produced and delivered units, so far, that makes it harder for ML to meet it's latest promise to fulfill all preorders by end of March.  Sad, not mad (well except for the Cabelas thing, lol).   I am hoping the ML allocation to the NA service center is separate from the sales allocation and does not count against the overall number of units FB receives for fulfilling preorders because having to quickly turn around turned-in failed units may quickly overwhelm and deplete the service center's repair stock.  That is because it is commonplace for new production runs of sophisticated electronics to have a high incidence of "infant mortality" ("dead on arrivals" and failures after very short periods of operations).  It is an electronics thing (there are always a given number of failed electronic components in every batch and the number goes up as the device becomes more sophisticated and uses a high number of discrete components) and not unique to Equinox or even ML.  Plus the inevitable coil failures (which might be the above issue).  This is going to really test the service center like never before.  Fortunately, I know Keith and company are up for the task.

UPDATE:

I am happy to say that after a factory reset and running it or about 2 hours this morning, no more shutdowns.

Now I just need to get on some good ground to search.  All I am finding around the house are modern bullets, old plow blades, and shotgun brass.  I did find one old shotgun brass that from what others have posted online could make it 100 years old.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, relicmeister said:

Sorry to hear of any possible problems so soon, hope it "corrects" itself without further incident. Perhaps we should keep this thread to keep track of all reports of problems no matter how big or small. If anyone hears of anything from other forums it should be noted here too. 

That would be very good, so Minelab will know, and fix it in their next online update!

These things are not going unnoticed. Imagine the Equinox is like a new iPhone release. There is a lot of code there, and there may be bugs. The update facility is everyone’s insurance policy against such things. I am noting anything I see and passing it on not just here but on other forums as are others.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1