Sign Of Problem?

Mike_P

On 2/18/2018 at 9:12 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

These things are not going unnoticed. Imagine the Equinox is like a new iPhone release. There is a lot of code there, and there may be bugs. The update facility is everyone’s insurance policy against such things. I am noting anything I see and passing it on not just here but on other forums as are others.

My wife's iPhone was showing "no Signal" yesterday. Mine was fine with 3 bars and the wifi running full.  The first thing I said was to reset it.  She got her signal back. Resetting seems to be the first thing to do with any electronics. The Equinox has the ability to download updates like the iPhonesYou said. I have no concern. 

Would not Minelab have spare coils ready to ship out quickly should a service tech determine that to be a likely cause?  I wouldn’t think that a customer would be required to send in the detector for a lengthy repair, especially given the long wait and high demand for these units...

Some of those things I do have to wonder about detector versus intermittent EMI issues. The craziest stuff is out there in that regard these days. I ran into a weird intermittent EMI issue with my GPZ that had me thinking the detector was flaking out, but a week of intensive cross-checking against another GPZ followed up by a service center checkup never could find or replicate the problem. I know something as simple as a jet flying over has been know to cause brief issues with the GPX series. I am not making excuses and if there is a bug a pattern will develop, but this kind of stuff can be a bit maddening to track down and isolate. Every day we have some new EMI emitter to add to the list. I really feel for the engineers. 

• Like 3

• 6 years later...
On 2/18/2018 at 1:08 PM, Mike_P said:

UPDATE:

I am happy to say that after a factory reset and running it or about 2 hours this morning, no more shutdowns.

Now I just need to get on some good ground to search.  All I am finding around the house are modern bullets, old plow blades, and shotgun brass.  I did find one old shotgun brass that from what others have posted online could make it 100 years old.

ya but the machine wont turn  on to perform a power button reset...I have  the sampe poblem mid vacay--she's done.   tried the salt / vinegar, baking soda water thing, no go.

1 hour ago, cjc said:

ya but the machine wont turn  on to perform a power button reset...I have  the sampe poblem mid vacay--she's done.   tried the salt / vinegar, baking soda water thing, no go.

This thread is six years dead

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

This thread is six years dead

Maybe a factory reset? lol  I actually stood on the button for longer and got it to reset--thanks for your reply though, Steve.

cja