First Confederate Button With The Equinox 600

George Kinsey

Looks to be a VMI Cadet.  More cleaning will follow. Vest size , two piece.

IMG_20180217_150018.jpg

• Like 7

Thank you Steve. Big fan of yours. Today was my first day I hope of four. The ground I hunt is extreme and I'm going back to permissions I have hunted out looking for civil war buttons and colonial coins and relics. I dug three buttons today to include the pictured button. All confederate buttons are good here.  I will save my impressions for a bit later. Thanks for such a nice forum to post on. Regards

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to your report. Very interested on how the Equinox stacks up in razor hot Culpeper dirt. I am not looking for the Equinox to replace my Minelab GPX as my "go to" machine for hot ground, but it would sure be nice to have a VLF that could accurately ID targets at depth in those iron patches that shut down the GPX.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stumpr said:

Looking forward to your report. Very interested on how the Equinox stacks up in razor hot Culpeper dirt. I am not looking for the Equinox to replace my Minelab GPX as my "go to" machine for hot ground, but it would sure be nice to have a VLF that could accurately ID targets at depth in those iron patches that shut down the GPX.

That is exactly my hope as well or small coil Workin in huts and spoil pile