Our Goal Is To Fulfill All Backorders By End Of March

23 hours ago, Norm S said:

I got this from the Horses mouth. Minelab has 8 testers that has to test each machine in their test garden for one hour. The team is led by Juan. The 1st glitch came when Hugo was scheduled for vacation from Jan 15th - 30th. Well they had to use Jared to replace Hugo but Jared wasn't trained in the Equinox he was an ETrac tester. They had to hurry up and train Jared. 

After the test is complete they have to turn the detector into Bridget the Irish wash woman to clean them and put a coat of hair spray on them to make the look shiny new. Then they go to Carmen Kristoff to disassemble them and on to Brenda the boxer and after Brenda they go to Maria Mendenez  for shipping.

Before they go out the door Jaun calls his team together for a stamp of approval and then Bill Barney from shipping signs off before they go to the port. At the port Customs agent Alex Munoze has to sign off then Kirby from Minelab delivers the check from Minelab to cover the shipping to the financial officer of the shipping company and away they go. 

So now you have it. It all started with Hugo's vacation.. 

These things happen, that's why Minelab didn't go way out there on a limb and say "Our commitment  is to fulfill all backorders by the end of March."  I am certain they will 100% strive to meet their goal until April comes along.

Despite my cynicism, I would rather have this scenario for the Equinox than the other disappointing alternative...Minelab delivering an unimpressive machine that everyone could get their hands on from day one (or worse, no one could get their hands on).  Steve and the rest of the testers made sure ML didn't deliver a clunker by the vast majority of first reports.

• Like 1

Chase I agree with you 100%. I just like to have a little humor to go along with the wait. I am sure it will be worth  the wait. Minelab did their homework and from all I am seeing most everyone is pleased from out of the box performance.  Even most CTX users like it

26 minutes ago, Norm S said:

Chase I agree with you 100%. I just like to have a little humor to go along with the wait. I am sure it will be worth  the wait. Minelab did their homework and from all I am seeing most everyone is pleased from out of the box performance.  Even most CTX users like it

Norm,

I agree, especially re: the humor part, that's why I chose to quote your post to make my point regarding Minelab.  Cynicism mixed with humor. Shaken but not stirred. I had a great laugh reading your what came out of your horse's mouth.  Lol.  And to be clear - the ML engineers and designers have appeared, so far, to have hit out of the park with Equinox (again with great help from the testers).   Otherwise, in other areas of the business, there is always room for improvement.

• 3 weeks later...

Received my EQ 800 yesterday the 9th was shipped on the 7th of March from GPS Central in Calgary ,Alberta. I ordered the unit on Nov.26.. Looks like delivery is starting to speed up, considering the original shipment to all of Canada was 2 units in February. Now if the ground would just thaw. Garage testing will be the order of the day today.

Many thanks to all the members here that have been doing such a fine job of getting information out on this new machine. Seeing this is my first metal detector I am feeling way ahead of the game through all of your valuable insights.

• Like 1

Minelab is catching up on old backorders but new ones are piling up just as fast so people placing orders now could end up waiting past the end of March. It’s not like dealer shelves will be stacked high with unsold Equinox by the end of March. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Even less gold detecting. That is why I am on Steve's site. There is just nothing on our local gold forum on gold detecting, so it doesn't hold me there. There are of course people out there gold detecting, & there is the band of hard core but they seem to be part of a secret squirrel society.:biggrin:  

JW :smile:

Maybe we all should move from the U.S.A to New Zealand, and help you clean out all of your gold nuggets with our detectors, now we know New Zealand  is a virgin gold detecting Paradise!

P.S. My advise keep it to yourself quys. other wise we will invade your beautiful Island with thousands gold detectorists, and maybe we like it so much that we stay!????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked