Our Goal Is To Fulfill All Backorders By End Of March

20 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Minelab is catching up on old backorders but new ones are piling up just as fast so people placing orders now could end up waiting past the end of March. It’s not like dealer shelves will be stacked high with unsold Equinox by the end of March. 

Even those that ordered last year? How can a dealer fill their order when they recieve 10 at the most in a single shippment and have 100's of pre-orders from last year alone? If I want one I am beginning to think my best bet is to cancil an order and go with someone else. I don't think Minelab is going to ship a few hundred to a single dealer. 

signed, 

Frustrated

I got this right from an employee of Minelab that wishes to remain anonymous. They made the statement of trying to have all pre orders filled by the end of March based on the pre orders they had before the release date but the orders coming in hasn't slowed down and in fact picking up. I thought I had an inside track with this person and he couldn't help me but did tell me where I could most likely find one,

They didn't anticipate the demand because of the Equinox being a detector that is so versatile with the multi IQ . In most releases a detector release is targeted for users that do specific kinds of detecting such as the Gold Monster and they know the geographic areas that are most likely to use them and when they launch they target those areas. With the Equinox filling every niche they made a global release and they are shipping every 7 -10 days throughout the world. If you have been told by your dealer that you won't receive one until sometime in April or early May it's because the worldwide demand hasn't slowed. 

For those of you wondering why Cabela's had them online and your dealer couldn't get them. Cabela's is a preferred partner with Minelab and along with Bass Pro Shops have stores all over the USA. They sell more detectors than anyone. Try and order one from Cabela's, you can't. In the past week Minelab even told them no back orders. 

I can corroborate what Norm is saying about Equinox worldwide demand vs. Targeted regional demand like the Gold Monster and the GPZ based on discussions with some ML America reps recently.

Suffice to say, stay in your existing line until you have something better lined up or you may be setting yourself way back.

Exactly Chase, stay in your line until you find a better line. There are some lines as short as 3 people but most are more than 10 people. You have to contact every dealer in the USA to find the short lines and as of right now I only know of one Equinox 800 anyone has in stock or say they do. 

I will say this too, most of the dealers are really nice but I ran across a few not so nice. One dealer said he won't carry the Equinox because of battery issues and warranty. I told him he was confused and what he heard wasn't true. He called me an idiot that didn't know what I was talking about so I said you're right I am an ill informed idiot. 

Many dealers will put you on their list with no pre pay but there are others that promise if you pre pay you will your detector in their next shipment if you can believe that. 

4 hours ago, Morris said:

Even those that ordered last year? How can a dealer fill their order when they recieve 10 at the most in a single shippment and have 100's of pre-orders from last year alone? If I want one I am beginning to think my best bet is to cancil an order and go with someone else. I don't think Minelab is going to ship a few hundred to a single dealer. 

signed, 

Frustrated

Ok, I am going to just say it. If you want to deal with people that you can have a personal relationship with ditch the big box stores and find one of the many small dealers that will live or die based on their service. Yeah, there are a few bad ones, but there are far more that bend over backwards to help their customers. They are at the mercy of all this also so treat them like people and they will work with you as best as they can. How can anyone expect a big box to really know anything about detectors and detecting? More to the point, you are a tiny meaningless bit of their overall mission. That small dealer counts on your order to put food on the table. Real motivation in life makes a difference. I can’t name names here as it would be an abuse of my position as forum owner to pick and choose favorites, but I know a dozen small dealers I would work with before I would deal with a big box store. Find a good one and be fair - good service may mean paying $20 more dollars. We all say we want better service, then we give our business to companies with the worst to save a few bucks or to get some worthless freebie. Find a good dealer and you can build a relationship that will pay off for you the rest of your detecting life.

It should be fairly obvious that you are going to be in a line a mile long with the big visible outlets. There are quite a few of the more obscure smaller dealers out there who are far better positioned to put a detector in your hands more quickly.

Run screaming from any dealer that is unprofessional, like the one Norm S encountered.

As far as Minelab not knowing this detector would set massive sales records if that’s the case then they better listen to me even more than they do in the future! :smile: Anyone remember this from November and on Minelabs own website? https://www.minelab.com/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/minelab-equinox-unprecedented-anticipation

“In my opinion this product is going to be one of the most popular metal detectors ever made”

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Norm S said:

I will say this too, most of the dealers are really nice but I ran across a few not so nice.  He called me an idiot that didn't know what I was talking about so I said you're right I am an ill informed idiot. 

There is a guy about an hour from me...I would not buy a CTX from him if he sold it for  $1  

Early on when I was looking into different detectors I called this fella. I had two detectors at the time...A Garret AT gold and a Garret ATX. Both I got from a nice dealer in the south bay. I was looking at maybe getting a 2300. So I call this guy north of me...and ask him about the 2300...he asks what I'm using  at the moment...I tell him and then he asks where I bought them from? I'm thinking what do you care where I bought my detectors from? So I told him I bought them from Kellyco lol..partly because i could not remember the name of the fella in the south bay...So this guy then goes on to tell me that that I should just go and call Kellyco with any of my questions about my future detectors lol... I've bought many detectors and accessories since that day and he lost any chance of ever doing business with me.  If you cant or dont want to help somebody then be nice about it...there is no reason to be a jerk to a complete stranger you dont even know. 

strick 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, strick said:

There is a guy about an hour from me...I would not buy a CTX from him if he sold it for  $1  

Early on when I was looking into different detectors I called this fella. I had two detectors at the time...A Garret AT gold and a Garret ATX. Both I got from a nice dealer in the south bay. I was looking at maybe getting a 2300. So I call this guy north of me...and ask him about the 2300...he asks what I'm using  at the moment...I tell him and then he asks where I bought them from? I'm thinking what do you care where I bought my detectors from? So I told him I bought them from Kellyco lol..partly because i could not remember the name of the fella in the south bay...So this guy then goes on to tell me that that I should just go and call Kellyco with any of my questions about my future detectors lol... I've bought many detectors and accessories since that day and he lost any chance of ever doing business with me.  If you cant or dont want to help somebody then be nice about it...there is no reason to be a jerk to a complete stranger you dont even know. 

strick 

He probably just had a bad day. Everyone gets them.

Even I now and again have them, usually Monday till Friday during opening hours :-)

• Haha 2

• The topic was locked