Beach Finds 18-02-18 Even More Coinage

Yesterday i finished work early in the evening and i got home and had some sleep till 1am this morning . I got the Explorer 11 and drove to the beach for a 2am start . I went straight to the normally best beaches and saw that the beaches had some cuts , though not very good ones . So i started and immediately i found coins and mostly it just stayed that way . Except for a few quiet and built up places . At around 6.30am i saw someone else detecting and we chatted for a while then went our own way . At 8am i finished and went home . The finds for this morning were a 1905 Edward V11 Silver Threepence , a very worn Young head Victoria Penny and a 1942 Irish Penny , 2 x 50 Euro Cents and a 10 Euro Cent and another foreign coin and £80.67p in stendable coinage . 

There were no gems about today which i was surprised at . My next search will be on Wednesday morning , i might be a bit knackered from work though . I finish work 12.30am that morning and need to get the Bus at 4.30am , tide is out sometime after 8am .

12) £80.67p FOUND 18-02-18 E. 11.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A good day on the beach,that a fair amount of spendables that you have found,do the banks still take the old pound coins ??

Yes . Into your account .

Cant wait for Wednesday , the wind direction might be changing which could rip the beach out . At least i hope so. Then there will be a score to be had !

Wish i lived nearer the coast as i live so far inland,infact near the old pump station site,so its rare for me to go beach detecting,but i plan on doing a few more days this year though.

1 minute ago, RickUK said:

Wish i lived nearer the coast as i live so far inland,infact near the old pump station site,so its rare for me to go beach detecting,but i plan on doing a few more days this year though.

Pump station . Wish i could have a go on the fields just around the corner !