My 800's Maiden Voyage

Dan(NM)

Yup, Equinox loves nickels! Great early hunt Dan and pretty much what happened with me and silver. Anyone that gets one and knows what they are doing is going to have these WOW moments and then the deal is sealed. I have known this and Minelab knows it. The main frustration at Minelab right now is just like everyone else’s - they want to get as many machines into customer hands as quickly as possible because that is what will sell more Equinox detectors. I am amazed that some people still seem to be waiting for news from official testers. What ever happened to just waiting for reports from real users? That has always been the ace in the hole for Equinox.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yup, Equinox loves nickels! Great early hunt Dan and pretty much what happened with me and silver. Anyone that gets one and knows what they are doing is going to have these WOW moments and then the deal is sealed. I have known this and Minelab knows it. The main frustration at Minelab right now is just like everyone else’s - they want to get as many machines into customer hands as quickly as possible because that is what will sell more Equinox detectors. I am amazed that some people still seem to be waiting for news from official testers. What ever happened to just waiting for reports from real users? That has always been the ace in the hole for Equinox.

Agreed Steve.  I'm looking forward to the Equinox threads evolving into more like this one... settings, experiences, questions, answers, finds, results.. from real users (not that the testers aren't real users.... ;)  Just more data points to better understand what is under the hood of the Equinox).  That is where these forum threads will shine like they always have... in good information sharing between users... which will rebuild our network and metal detecting community after the unfortunate tangent we have been on since September.    Tim.

• Like 1

I thank everyone for posting their initial experiences with the equinox- at least the waiting time is not wasted time because I feel I will be all the more prepared as a result of reading these. Weather here improving though,so I hope it comes soon. 

4" snow Saturday night, tomorrow and Wednesday they say 68/72.