Need Advice With Ground Balancing...

canslawhero

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

When in doubt use the stock settings. That is what they are for. Will it be perfect? Well, no... but oh well. I guess you could dig all the targets out of a two foot square then ground balance.

People that have a Deus do just fine with the factory preset ground balance and many never fuss with it. Lots of lower end detectors are preset with no adjustment at all. We all obsess over getting absolute best performance, but for most coin size targets in parks if you can’t find clean ground to balance over you probably have more problems than ground balance. Like masking. Equinox of course will help you there also. That is the simple answer to why CTX owners are going to find that depth is not everything.

thanks Steve, good advice...I actually thought about trying to clean out a smaller section (would give me a chance to use gold mode, lol).

so initially (upon the great thaw) I'll just go with the defaults and simply see how it works out with coin size targets in Park 1 here....it's painful not being able to dig, lol

as an aside I never ground balance my G2+, just turn on and go but I'm just looking for shallow (< 6") stuff with it...cheers

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Like masking. Equinox of course will help you there also. That is the simple answer to why CTX owners are going to find that depth is not everything.

I make this argument a lot to the die-hard eTrac and CTX crowd that thinks this way and have come to the conclusion it is in my own best self-interest to let them continue to believe depth is everything. :rolleyes:

• Like 1