Cabelas Has Equinox In Stock Sold Out

Thegoldenone

Tempting, but I'm going to stick with the order from my dealer.  I'm sure BBH will have mine to me soon enough.

• Like 2

This is just a F Y I . If you coin and relic hunters ever want to buy a gold detector do buy from a dealer in gold country. You buying from one of them you will get free training in the field with them in where it is gold. They make a point to know the detector because they hunt with it them self.

Chuck

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morris said:

I just contacted my dealer that I have been working with. He says Cabela's does not have any in stock. Cabela's is just drop shipping them and are on a similar allocation like everybody else.  I would not be dropping any orders from someone until you find out for sure what is true and if Cabela's is not just building up a preorder list themselves. All you that have dropped an order and have ordered from Cabela's keep us informed on if you get them as they say. I certainly am not going to give up my spot with one dealer and trust someone that says I can get them right away. When the word gets out like this just imagine how many are going to go to flock to the Cabela's website. You might get caught up in a longer wait. I am getting a 15% and I can wait. I have a Safari to detect with, but in my case, I would be digging ice anyway.

P/S you just may be moving my order up and I will get it sooner.  Go ahead.... Make my day :smile:

Thanks. 

Last week when Cabelas last went live with the Equinox they were shipped within the advertised 4 - 7 day time frame from a US Minelab distributor.  I have first hand knowledge of this from a friend who ordered and received his unit in 5 working days.  Cabelas goes dark with the Equinox page whenever the distributor does not have enough stock to meet the advertised delivery timeframe.  So yeah they are making your day but they are also getting their Equinoxes.  Do not understand how/why Cabelas is not honoring a Minelab discount that Minelab will cover.  Loyalty to my dealer and short changing veterans  and stabbing dedicated detector dealers in the back does not earn my business.

• Like 2

Cabela's is a preferred partner with Minelab. They sell more Minelab detectors than anyone in the US. That's why you get the shipped from mfr.

16 minutes ago, Norm S said:

Cabela's is a preferred partner with Minelab. They sell more Minelab detectors than anyone in the US. That's why you get the shipped from mfr.

Believe me I was tempted.  But couldn't do it that and live with myself.  I already feel bad whining about not having my toy fast enough like a 10 year old and his X box when people are going without basic necessities.  Seriously.

BTW this a me thing.  Not judging others.  Don't know your situations and you all gotta do what's right for you.

• Like 3

I know if I stick with my dealer he is always there to help and answer questions. He told me he had several cancellations and I should be in the next shipment but he don't know how many he is allotted this week but promised I would have it before the end of March. He did say that Minelab confirmed all pre orders would be filled by the end of March.  What's 5 more weeks

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Norm S said:

Just talked to my dealer and he confirmed he is getting some in this week and all pre orders will be filled by the end of March.

And how soon would they have filled those orders if they hadn't been selling them on Cabela's all day?  I bet they've sold hundreds today and your dealer will get how many in the next batch?  Three, maybe four?  I wonder how many dealers have had pre-orders cancelled today, through no fault of their own?  It's like the MineLab marketing department woke up this morning and said to themselves, "Now what can we do today to alienate our most loyal customer base AND stab our business partners in the back at the same time?"

• Like 4

I had one in the cart at Cabela’s and just couldn’t do it. I felt I needed to stay with my dealer and go with the small guy as per my wife’s suggestion.

• Like 8

My order is safe with my Dealer, even if that means I have to wait until late March.

• Like 5

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked