Cabelas Has Equinox In Stock Sold Out

Thegoldenone

I received my Equinox 600 on the 6th business day from Cabelas. Their website never gave me a tracking # after it shipped. I did use the chat box to obtain the tracking # but it was not available until after a couple days in shipped status. Drop shipped from Minelab Americas, Naperville, IL. UPS ground. I'll never pre-pay/pre-order a detector again. A lot of misinformation from the dealer IME. Will not get into specifics here. Not sure if it was coming from Minelab or if the dealer was just stringing me along...with my $ in his pocket.

13 minutes ago, JP.Diggzzit said:

I received my Equinox 600 on the 6th business day from Cabelas. Their website never gave me a tracking # after it shipped. I did use the chat box to obtain the tracking # but it was not available until after a couple days in shipped status. Drop shipped from Minelab Americas, Naperville, IL. UPS ground. I'll never pre-pay/pre-order a detector again. A lot of misinformation from the dealer IME. Will not get into specifics here. Not sure if it was coming from Minelab or if the dealer was just stringing me along...with my $ in his pocket.

JP, how did Minelab ship yours? USPS, UPS or FedEx?

I agree, I'll never pre-order a detector either... Every time I did that in the past it seemed like everyone else received their equipment well before me.

21 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Last week when Cabelas last went live with the Equinox they were shipped within the advertised 4 - 7 day time frame from a US Minelab distributor.  I have first hand knowledge of this from a friend who ordered and received his unit in 5 working days.  Cabelas goes dark with the Equinox page whenever the distributor does not have enough stock to meet the advertised delivery timeframe.  So yeah they are making your day but they are also getting their Equinoxes.  Do not understand how/why Cabelas is not honoring a Minelab discount that Minelab will cover.  Loyalty to my dealer and short changing veterans  and stabbing dedicated detector dealers in the back does not earn my business.

Making my day comment was sarcasm. Sorry.
Following that comment, I suggested that everyone sticks with their dealer. 
I agree with you that Cabela's is shortchanging Veterans and stabbing dealers. 
I wonder how many units Cabela was able to ship out directly from Minelab. I am sure they are receiving an allocation just like everyone else. From what I am seeing is they are only selling them and once out the door, you are on your own. They do not even have to mess with the shipping and handling of them. 

I see they are not on the Cabela's website now. They must have sold out their shipping quota. Before they still had it up on the website but it said "out of Stock" and could still order I think. 

• Like 1

Minelab does not sell direct to end users but the discount is Minelab's policy for detectors sales.  Up to the dealers to invoke the policy.  If they don't then there are choices and no harm pointing out that a business has made a conscious decision to not invoke the policy.  Can vote with the wallet and many have.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked