Cabelas Has Equinox In Stock Sold Out

Thegoldenone

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The assumption always is evil intent or maybe at best benign negligence but the real story is usually far more boring.

Sure, but if everyone realized that, then there would be nobody to account for the low murmur and ramblings throughout the crowd right before the pitchforks an torches came out.

• Haha 1

Does anyone know what carrier Cabelas is using to ship the Equinox? 

4 minutes ago, V3i/MXT Pro said:

Does anyone know what carrier Cabella's is using to ship the Equinox? 

I was wondering that too.  I'm in Michigan so if it does ship from Naperville should have it today or tomorrow unless things are different from the first batch of Cabela's shipments.  I'll give a shout when it shows up

Well Goldenone posted the same time I did so who knows when they will ship from Naperville.

6 minutes ago, Jackpine said:

I was wondering that too.  I'm in Michigan so if it does ship from Naperville should have it today or tomorrow unless things are different from the first batch of Cabela's shipments.  I'll give a shout when it shows up

Well Goldenone posted the same time I did so who knows when they will ship from Naperville.

I'm going to go out on a limb here I believe they will ship them out and we'll get them in that time frame for the seven days from when we ordered the shipping is marked standard Express companies make deals with carriers and they get inexpensive shipping at a quicker pace....

I had a conversation with someone who bought one in the first batch. He said it was a couple days before he got a tracking number although he felt it shipped the day he ordered it. He received it in 6 business days by UPS.

Steve is 100% right. Bass Pro now owns Cabela's so that just gave Minelab that many more outlets to sell their detectors. None of the other big box sporting goods stores handle Minelab and that is probably the deal Cablea's has with Minelab. Many companies have national sales agreements with other companies that gives them preferential treatment in one way or another. Most are the promise I will sell a predetermined amount of your product each year in exchange of preferential treatment from your company. 

In a past life I negotiated many national agreements with companies which gave my company the best pricing and service. It was more about service than anything because if you look around you can always get better pricing somewhere. I am willing to bet that Cabela's gets some detectors from every shipment.  Think about how many locations Cabela's and Bass Pro have. 

Many of us have built relationships with our dealers and in return we get great service and always good advice and help because our dealers are metal detecting enthusiasts and actually use the detectors they sell. My dealer won't try and steer you to one brand or another but he will tell you the best features of every detector in a certain price range. He told me with everything I bought from him once you get it if you need help with settings or what works best for him to call him and he will help. It's the small things like that Cablea's can't do. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mountain Mike said:

I had a conversation with someone who bought one in the first batch. He said it was a couple days before he got a tracking number although he felt it shipped the day he ordered it. He received it in 6 business days by UPS.

Thanks for the info!

21 minutes ago, Thegoldenone said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here I believe they will ship them out and we'll get them in that time frame for the seven days from when we ordered the shipping is marked standard Express companies make deals with carriers and they get inexpensive shipping at a quicker pace....

Well I hope they didn't jump the gun by showing them in stock when in fact the vendor did not have them, only that they were en-route.  we all know the law "if it can go wrong it will". LOL

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked