Cabelas Has Equinox In Stock Sold Out

Thegoldenone

It's a bummer that some people are getting backordered now, especially the ones that ordered super early. I went with the 600 and that must be why I was able to get it shipped. The 800 probably has triple the demand. 

Thank you for your order for EQUINOX 800 METAL DETECTOR. The vendor has advised us that the item is currently out of stock and has been backordered. They are expecting to ship approximately the end of March. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused & thank you for your patience.

I've been buying electronics since I was a kid, I have never in my life seen such a cluster muck as this.

Well, I have now also received the dreaded email:

"Thank you for your order for EQUINOX 800 METAL DETECTOR. The vendor has advised us that the item is currently out of stock and has been backordered. They are expecting to ship approximately the end of March. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused & thank you for your patience."

I find it additionally irritating that, while I placed the order on 2/20, Cabela's charged my credit card only late yesterday, at the same time they sent that other new message which indicated the order was still in process.  Well, lot's of confusion all around, and Cabela's/Minelab (not sure how that works) will have had the free use of my money only a few days, unlike with folks who ordered from MD dealers many months back.

Minelab is definitely the one to blame, if there is any blame to hand out.  For marketing purposes, Minelab wanted lots of hoopla to attend the delivery of the first Equinox units, and creating an artificial scarcity certainly helps with that.  Otherwise, the problem is just that Cabela's operates differently from the MD dealers. The dealers took pre-orders long before the product was going to be available while Cabela's (generally) does not and waits until the product arrives to sell it.

On the plus side for me, it's probably more prudent, anyway, to give Minelab time to fix any bugs found in the first units.  And, next time I place my order (not with Cabela's), I will probably get a 15% discount--not military, but dealers give those discounts anyway if you shop around.  There is even the possibility of picking up a used unit at a greater discount.

I told y'all several days ago that Cabelas was notorious for doing this very thing.  I've hunted and fished my whole life and there just aren't many outdoor supply stores to order from.  I've had my share of Cabelas AND Bass Pro run ins with orders.  This is especially true for those spring fishing deals and Christmas deals.  Cabelas has been the worse of them all about doing this very thing, and it's not just metal detectors.  I have never ordered one thru them though.  Same story though on other items.

• Like 1

I, for one am thankful that it is not a supply & demand situation where the demand for the product would drive up the prices. 

Just waiting for the ground to thaw...some old homestead sites I want to try before I sell my X-705

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IdahoAl said:

I, for one am thankful that it is not a supply & demand situation where the demand for the product would drive up the prices

We will probably see a few being sold on Ebay at exorbitant prices over the next few weeks :)

For those that are interested in tracking various status combinations based on specific turns of events:

I ordered @ 2:30 PM, CST, on 2/20. As of today, my account still says "Shipped". I did receive the early morning "Status Change" email, which reads "Not Yet Shipped", and sounds like a simple courtesy follow up email, but I never got the afternoon, "Waht-Waa" email.

I'm still of the belief my Nox will be delivered next week, within the 4-7 day window. 

45 minutes ago, NuggetBuddy said:

For those that are interested in tracking various status combinations based on specific turns of events:

I ordered @ 2:30 PM, CST, on 2/20. As of today, my account still says "Shipped". I did receive the early morning "Status Change" email, which reads "Not Yet Shipped", and sounds like a simple courtesy follow up email, but I never got the afternoon, "Waht-Waa" email.

I'm still of the belief my Nox will be delivered next week, within the 4-7 day window. 

Don't stop...believing.  Ohoooo!

images.jpeg

• Haha 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked