Video - Nail Board Test Plus A Peek At The New 6” Coil

The depth of that 6" coil (yes I realize it was an air test) surprised me.  I would have thought that would require a larger coil.  I wanted him to push it to the depth limit, and take a measurement.  Still, it was impressive.

I have both coils on order.  I personally think that the large coil will be very useful also.  

I'm wondering so far with the stock DD coil if it really sees the 'fringe area' that is part of my detecting with the 7000 and the 3030.  I know if I get directly over a target its killer so that may be good for gold in a hot rock area.  Just wondering and would like to see a thread on this.

Mitchel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

I have both coils on order.  I personally think that the large coil will be very useful also.  

I'm wondering so far with the stock DD coil if it really sees the 'fringe area' that is part of my detecting with the 7000 and the 3030.  I know if I get directly over a target its killer so that may be good for gold in a hot rock area.  Just wondering and would like to see a thread on this.

Mitchel

Mitchel,

I think i will wait until i get over to OZ land ........so i don't have to lose them in my baggage and buy another set!!!!

Re: Fringe

It was definitely seeing my scoop from 2-3 feet.

7 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Mitchel

All detectors have a “fringe area”. It’s just another way of saying “weak targets”.

I have to admit I was not paying much attention to the nail board test - everyone does them with different nails it seems so unless they compare directly to another detector in the same test they really don’t mean much to me. I just wanted you guys to see that the 6” coil is in final testing to the point where one has been shown by a tester.