1st Hunt With Equinox 600

JP.Diggzzit

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Nice job JP, that's the kind of vids I'd enjoy seeing until I get mine!

Are you in San Diego?  I'm in NorCal, so am looking forward to hitting HMB, Santa Cruz, etc., to see how it does.  This winter has sucked for beach erosion though :angry:

Thanks. Yes, San Diego. We need a storm or at least a good swell to move some sand. This is going to be a fun detector!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toddbbq said:

Any markings on the ring as it looks in the photo as too yellow for brass. I would atleast have it acid tested.

I was hoping someone would say that. I am still wondering. No markings, although I have a couple gold rings that are not marked. It rang kinda high for gold, mid 20's. I did do acid test and it slowly dissolved at 10k. 9k maybe will ring a little higher? I have not found one.  It was heavily tarnished like the silver that comes out of there. It won't go in the junk ring jar just yet. 

IMG_20180220_191432.jpg

1 minute ago, Toddbbq said:

did the acid turn green which is a sure sign of brass if not probably 9k and tarnished due to high copper content

Ohhhh! No it did not turn green. Would it be magnetic at 9k. My cheap magnet doesn't attract it, i have a better one on the way.

Nicely Done !!!!!!! 

• Like 1