When Will I Get My Nox? Long Answer And Short One Too

MontAmmie

On 2/22/2018 at 6:42 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

I want to clear some of this up.  Cabelas DID NOT get a bunch of machines.  In fact they were issued a vary small amount,  just like many of us dealers.  I assure you, nobody has received a detector from them yet, but I and many other dealers have put NOX in the hands of our early customers.  We all received detectors and most of us chose to deal with our loyal customers.  Cabelas does not care 1 iota who they get their money from and they don't care who's hands it ends up in.  But most of us dealers don't sell that way.  I know of a couple dealers who put machines on EBAY.  Why?  It is their option to sell to anyone, as long as they get paid, they don't care.  I could have done so with my 1st batch or the 2nd, but I choose to deal with my customers and the 1st ones are the same customers who supported me in times past.

I have a feeling those who put their money with Cabelas (yes a small amount of units - really small) will get sent out.  The majority of people who purchased will never get a tracking #. 

Minelab is not giving any favorites to Cabelas I assure you.

Keep your name on the list of the dealers you initially worked with and be patient.  Or,  I have plenty of other brands to sell anyone if interested?

The good thing is the internet if full of info.  The bad thing is sometimes there is too much read into it.

With all due respect Gerry weighing in as a dealer with commentary of any sort about the competition is not beneficial to you. I know you would not see it but externally it comes off as self serving. My advice to any dealer is to never, ever talk about or mention the competition in any way.

Most dealers have knowledge and the forum exists to mine that knowledge, so I generally welcome any dealers here. Dealer cross-talk about other dealers is not something that is a good idea however for multiple reasons.

• Like 2

I can see where both you and Steve are coming from.  I was just talking to a friend about how Minelab is probably making more on the sales of them because there does not appear to be any easy way to use the military discount on Cabela's website.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vez said:

I can see where both you and Steve are coming from.  I was just talking to a friend about how Minelab is probably making more on the sales of them because there does not appear to be any easy way to use the military discount on Cabela's website.  

Vez, I did talk to Cabela's about the military discount.  They said they couldn't do the 15% Minelab discount, but Cabela's does offer a 5% military discount of its own.  She didn't elaborate on how to apply that discount, however.  Hope this helps!

• Like 2

I wish there would have been such a thing as a Military discount 55 years ago instead of dislike for anyone in the Military, You were considered a loser and much more. 

• Like 2

The world wide orders for the Nox 800 must be staggering.  I hope the quality does not suffer in the race to keep up with the demand.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MontAmmie said:

Vez, I did talk to Cabela's about the military discount.  They said they couldn't do the 15% Minelab discount, but Cabela's does offer a 5% military discount of its own.  She didn't elaborate on how to apply that discount, however.  Hope this helps!

That is more fuel for the conspiracy...  At any rate, between being a stay at home dad, full time college student, part time EH&S stormwater compliance inspector at my university, and poor weather, I can wait for my friendly local dealer to get them in!  Hopefully before summer break though.

• Like 1

As Steve pointed out, if another company one up'd minelabs technology, say a company that consistently listens to their customers,  regularly communicates with them, and has excellent customer service, many would jump ship.

There may be one such company with the ability that pull it off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

As Steve pointed out, if another company one up'd minelabs technology, say a company that consistently listens to their customers,  regularly communicates with them, and has excellent customer service, many would jump ship.

There may be one such company with the ability that pull it off.

I don't think they'd even have to one-up them if they made it equal to the equinox lots of people would have jump ship!

Also if somebody came up with waterproof headphones right now and other size coils they'd be killing it

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked