• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Sadly like every detector ever made gold will read everywhere on the scale depending on size, shape, purity, and ground condition. For every junk reading there is a gold reading and vice versa. That can’t be fixed until we have detectors that measure density as opposed to conductivity. At best dig it all or play the odds with judicious notching, but never think there is no chance a rejected item might not turn out to be gold.

• Like 4

You're exactly right Steve, I'm continually reminding myself of that actual fact while hunting.

Excellent video, Mark.  Thanks!  I like the fact that you showed some common trash items (ring tab missing the tail, square tab, beaver tail) in with the desirable targets.

In my experience, small pieces of aluminum foil, especially thin foil such as pieces of gum wrappers, pieces of cigarette pack wrappers, and some candy wrappers, for example Hershey's Kiss wrappers indicate TID's between the top of the iron range and the US 5 cent nickel.  Has that been your experience so far with the Eqx?

• Like 1

Can't wait to test this ring on my Equinox it's 12 grams and I think it will fall in the zinc Penny range found it with an old surfmaster no vdi / TDI

And I'm sure none of you guys would want to walk by this thing, I dig all good sounding signals above iron. Maybe I should say scoop all my items since I'm a beach Hunter

20180101_175655~3.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Excellent video, Mark.  Thanks!  I like the fact that you showed some common trash items (ring tab missing the tail, square tab, beaver tail) in with the desirable targets.

In my experience, small pieces of aluminum foil, especially thin foil such as pieces of gum wrappers, pieces of cigarette pack wrappers, and some candy wrappers, for example Hershey's Kiss wrappers indicate TID's between the top of the iron range and the US 5 cent nickel.  Has that been your experience so far with the Eqx?

Yes the TID does range from upper iron to below a nickel, but the audio is so critical to what it might be.  A coin or ring will sound smoother (start and end quick) not like a piece of tinfoil or gum wrapper which will sound kind of rough and longer.  I'm trying to pay close attention to how the audio starts and stops along coil sweep distance.  There is a lot of useful information in the audio response still to be learned.  I'm still very excited about this machine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thegoldenone said:

Can't wait to test this ring on my Equinox it's 12 grams and I think it will fall in the zinc Penny range found it with an old surfmaster no vdi / TDI

And I'm sure none of you guys would want to walk by this thing, I dig all good sounding signals above iron. Maybe I should say scoop all my items since I'm a beach Hunter

20180101_175655~3.jpg

Awesome ring Wow! You really are golden.:wink:

13 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

Yes the TID does range from upper iron to below a nickel, but the audio is so critical to what it might be.  A coin or ring will sound smoother (start and end quick) not like a piece of tinfoil or gum wrapper which will sound kind of rough and longer.  I'm trying to pay close attention to how the audio starts and stops along coil sweep distance.  There is a lot of useful information in the audio response still to be learned.  I'm still very excited about this machine.

Mark

I hunt fresh water and like machines that can give that rough or flutter in the audio on tiny foil bits. Foil bits float away when sweeping, if the signal stays put I dig as those can quite often be the small gold chains.

Tom

• Like 1