First Beach Hunt And My Thoughts " Rings Too "

Nuke em

Richard

I am stone deaf and suffer from Tinitus and am blessed in having to wear my hearing aids under my headphones and when I first used the Equinox I found the same as you the signal sounds were poor even with the volume on the headphones wound right up and I then discovered the answer to my problem.

Press the "Settings" button and scroll along the menu bar until you come to the Icon for "Volume Adjust" then press the plus (+) button to turn the volume up from the default 20 to 25 and it will blow your lugs off.

• Like 4

Crazy . All over a machine ! I am beginning to wish mine didn't come . 

I have got an adaptor for an Explorer xs that in have plugged into the back of the NOX and then put my Gray Ghosts into it and it only works on the internal speaker of the machine . It is a stereo adaptor.

Hell . Where am i going wrong ? Again .

Headphones do need to be wired properly in order to work with some models. This Minelab Knowledge Base article goes over the issue as relates to the CTX 3030. I believe the GPZ 7000 and possibly Gold Monster plus Equinox are identical in this regard. Sun Ray makes two models of Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones, the original model, and another model wired specifically to work correctly with the CTX 3030 (and other detectors also) for $5.00 more. Why not just make the one model that works with all detectors? Good question. Long story short I own two sets of the Sun Ray CTX version and they work with anything.

Any headphone should work with the right adapter - see below

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphone-wiring-page-2.jpg

I am way to new to this machine to comment yet . I am also a bit of a dunce where technology is concerned .

I am so used to the Explorer and E.Trac that all else seems like Brain Surgery to me .

I am used to a Carpet bombing B52 rather than a surgical strike F15E  :smile: .

In the last few days i haven't been able to get out and hopefully will be on the beach today . I will be using the F15E .

My settings are , and i haven't touched the segments . They are the same .

Sensitivity   23 . Sound 23 (advanced each section 5 , 10 , 15 , 20 , 25 ) .  Threshold level  12 (advanced , Pitch  1 ) .  Target tone  5(for now) (advanced  Same as Volume advanced) . Recovery  2 (advanced Iron bias  3 ) . If there is anything else then i haven't found it yet or its hiding in a CTX menu somewhere !

But as for my settings , i have tried to get them like my Explorer or ET . Also tried to get them to work with my Gray Ghosts , the headphones in the box are to low toned for me .

What do you think Steve ? I will be out in 2 hours .

• Like 1

Those could be good settings for an open non polluted field.  Recovery 2 will give a nice long smooth tone, bump it up around iron if necessary.

I'm basically guessing here since I have not used one yet just offering tips based on what I have seen and read.

• Like 1

About to go out when I have seen the weather forecast . 

There is rain coming . damn. 

As for iron there is some and nails too on the beaches but upping the reactivity will lose depth I think. It was like that the first time I went out.

7 hours ago, Nuke em said:

What do you think Steve ? I will be out in 2 hours

I think I am sleeping in Reno when you are awake in England! Other than that I would mirror Jackpines comments. If you are headed back to the beach, these would probably not be good settings. Probably ok in a field, but I would encourage you to be cautious with modifying the stock settings until you have a better grasp on how the machine operates. Good luck!

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I think I am sleeping in Reno when you are awake in England! Other than that I would mirror Jackpines comments. If you are headed back to the beach, these would probably not be good settings. Probably ok in a field, but I would encourage you to be cautious with modifying the stock settings until you have a better grasp on how the machine operates. Good luck!

Well i am back . Will do another beach finds in a while.

• Like 1

I used most of the explores, ET, and the CTX.    There was about a year learning curve on the Explorers....... especially to find deep targets.   Then came the others...... they just got better at reducing that learning curve.   With the 40 single digits .... we may have taken a step back.   Looks like there may be a learning curve........ not for the machine, but maybe targets this time.  I dont know that anyone believed it was going to get the depth of the FBS...... but the processing speed may well prove to separate targets better and in the long run produce equally well.   On this machine....... id use the philosophy .... dont sell it until its paid for its self.

• Like 1

I won't sell it. I has had £45 so far. But with a lower capability I think than my other machines it could take a back seat at times. I think I might need a new X.Terra 705 . that was amazing on the dry. Better sounding tones 99 instead of max 50 and I think at the moment deeper. But I need to do a lot more testing on the NOx before that is proven . looks like as with the Terra I need to find the best settings for where I go or find where its best suited.