Has Anyone Tried Non Minelab Bluetooth Earphones Yet Apt-x

NSC

I don't have an 800, but with my 600, the $10 Sownd aptx earbuds paired up easily and work just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BMSF6P/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

I’m using $25 TaoTronics earbuds. Silly comfortable, sweat proof, 6 hours on full charge, AptX, no LL. I don’t notice a lag with these. If they could pair to phone at the same time, they would be perfect for me. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZYX6Y1T/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 5 weeks later...

Just connected my new pair of Avantree Audition Pro APTX-LL to my E600 and there was a noticeable lag.  Need to do some troubleshooting, I'm sure it is Operator Error. Tim.

2 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Just connected my new pair of Avantree Audition Pro APTX-LL to my E600 and there was a noticeable lag.  Need to do some troubleshooting, I'm sure it is Operator Error. Tim.

There shouldn't be any noticeable lag.  You need to make sure it is connected in LL mode by looking at the LED on the headphones after you make the connection.  If it doesn't connect in LL mode, then you need to reset the headphones and try again.  Once you get them to connect in LL mode, then don't fully reset the phones, just turn them off and then next time you connect them, they should quickly connect in LL mode.  It was a little tricky the first time I set them up, but since getting them to work properly the first time, I haven't had any more difficulty. 

This is true of any LL headphones and why you should get a model that has an LED indicator (like the Audition Pros) to verify they are indeed connected in LL mode.  

Hey all -- 

I have found several sets of headphones identical to the Minelab ones, under various brand names.  I also found some that are identical, but -- are aptX only, not aptX low-latency.  Both types are available (aptX only, or aptX AND aptX low latency).  If you either need a spare pair, or if you have a 600 and want a set of them, there are options -- especially for now, while Minelab does not have them available for purchase yet.  PM me if you'd like info, as I've done a ton of research on all of this which might be helpful to some. 

Also, I have a one extra, brand-new pair of the "identical to Minelab but aptX only, not low latency" ones that I'd sell for cheap, if anyone wants a pair. Case, cords, etc -- just like the Minelabs, but just aptX.  Again, PM me if interested.

Steve

Steveg good info.  Just curious, but which aftermarket brand is identical to the Minelabs AND is aptx-LL?  The Miccus SR-71's look identical and at least claim to be LL.  What are the other brands?

Has anyone yet found true aptX-LL earbuds?  Some will mention Low Latency in the description but not in the specs.

By looking at the official Qualcomm aptX  site (their proprietary codec) there are not many choices that are good and inexpensive.

https://www.aptx.com/products?field_aptx_type_tid=484&field_product_category_tid=125

Of course that won't stop the Chinese from knocking them off, but will they be true LL?

3 hours ago, Wayfarer said:

Steveg good info.  Just curious, but which aftermarket brand is identical to the Minelabs AND is aptx-LL?  The Miccus SR-71's look identical and at least claim to be LL.  What are the other brands?

Wayfarer --

ZZSY makes a BT80 set that are NOT low-latency, just aptX (this is the pair I have that I'd sell).  Iselector also has a BT80 that is just aptX, not aptX low-latency.  Then, there is a version made by Trond (model TD-BH01 and it has a few extra features on it, so it's a tad more expensive, but the look is identical and it is aptX low-latency).  The Miccus SR-71 Stealth are identical, and low-latency.  There are a few others...

Steve

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wayfarer said:

There shouldn't be any noticeable lag.  You need to make sure it is connected in LL mode by looking at the LED on the headphones after you make the connection.  If it doesn't connect in LL mode, then you need to reset the headphones and try again.  Once you get them to connect in LL mode, then don't fully reset the phones, just turn them off and then next time you connect them, they should quickly connect in LL mode.  It was a little tricky the first time I set them up, but since getting them to work properly the first time, I haven't had any more difficulty. 

This is true of any LL headphones and why you should get a model that has an LED indicator (like the Audition Pros) to verify they are indeed connected in LL mode.  

Thanks Wayfarer.  I did check that, and they were connected in LL mode based in the led indicator light.  I will probably do a full factory reset on the E600 and re-pair the headphones and see if that helps.  Tim

What has been the experience here with noise cancelling phones?

I had some hardwire ones I loved.  I bought them originally for the plane and they had a battery power but I used them with great success on my GPX and SE Pro.

Mitchel