Prospecting & Nugget Detecting Videos

tvanwho

I found  a TOP NOTCH Prospecting video that answers most of my desert prospecting questions in terms I can understand vs geologist mumbo jumbo. Unfortunately, Rob Allisons website says the video has been discontinued and he has only 2 copies left at 15 bucks each. It is made by Chris Ghoulson from Arizona and the title is " Nugget Hunting Essentials,Volume 2, From the Ground Up " and is 90 minutes long with intro by Jonathan Porter. Answers about 75% of my recent questions on this thread and then some. Too bad it is discontinued?? !!   I wonder what Volume 1 was all about? The video covers such things as detecting recent dry washer tailing piles-what to look for and what to ignore, red dirt and white quartz rocks, ironstone or magnetite rocks,detector coils and what makes them work, what hotrocks, trash, and gold sound like on a Minelab GPX machine, rock formations to look for to improve your nugget finding chances, and plenty of video examples of these things so no guessing...when to use large vs small coils, dangerous critters in the desert, etc, etc

-T

Those are good videos.   If I remember right, the first one was about equipment and had a nice interview with his Dad.  Talked about him going full time into prospecting.   I think I still have them both.  Will have to look and see. 

HH
Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched another great DVD  tonite from Chris Ghoulsen and Arizona Outback. Title is :

Arizona Outbacks 2008 Prospectors Outing. It is held at the LDMA camp at Stanton, Arizona,  below Rich Hill. 5 speakers and Chris Ralph was 1st up.  ( I didn't realize he was into granny glasses already....hehe.. ) gives a good talk on gold nugget formation theories, then Chris G gives a talk on finding gold nuggets, tips ,tricks, how to read the land for gold nugget potential, coil selection, and confesses it took him 18 months to find his 1st nugget so patience is a must, his father gives a lecture on the differences between VLF and PI machines and basically how they work, magnetic fields and electricity, and such, and  another guy discusses gridding for gold on old patches at Quartzite ,Az...video was well worth 20 bucks..great soundtrack, NO wind noise,and HD quality . Sure wish college professors were as interesting to listen to as these guys were? I stayed awake for the whole thing ....

-T