Pinpoint Audio Observation

Dan(NM)

I'm not sure if it's just my machine or the way the Equinox behaves, but, when I first go into pinpoint mode, my audio seems muted half the volume of 25.

After a couple of passes, it goes to full audio. Anyone else have this happen?

Yes, Dan, that happens to me, at times.  To me, it's kind of like the machine is trying to adjust its sensitivity  based on depth/size of the item...like it's "looking" for the item when you first go to pinpoint mode, and when it "finds" it, it then adjusts the sensitivity/volume to the appropriate level?

Not sure, but I have experienced what you are saying.

Steve

Yes, I've had the same type audio response happen to me.  I don't think there's anything wrong, just the machine adjusting or rather preparing to pinpoint the target.  I'm very happy with mine, 100% confident now.  Just get out and hunt all you can. 

Have you found anything good yet?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mark Gillespie said:

Yes, I've had the same type audio response happen to me.  I don't think there's anything wrong, just the machine adjusting or rather preparing to pinpoint the target.  I'm very happy with mine, 100% confident now.  Just get out and hunt all you can. 

Have you found anything good yet?

I have, 2 v's. 2 buffs and 2 silvers in  a heavy hunted spot by FBS machines for years.

• Like 3

Doing well Dan, I'll let you know if I notice that muting audio start to the pinpoint mode. Oh, that might not be for a while yet, and you've guessed it why.

• 1 month later...

Same behaviour here.

Sometimes it wouldn't get out of that "muted" mode. I think it happened when I startet pinpointing exactly above the target.

Same here. Maybe after we've had them longer someone will see a pattern or something that we can determine causes it. 

Also have had the same audio experience.  I switch off pinpoint then switch pin point back on then it usually works as it should.  I haven't tried waiting it out to see if the audio picks up on its own.  It doesn't do this every time, but often enough that it's annoying.

Pretty sure I read in another forum it was designed to slowly build so it doesn't blow your ears off if I didn't read it that way then it was just like this discussion.

• Like 1