Pinpoint Audio Observation

Dan(NM)

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

The audio does fix itself after a 5-10 seconds of being in pinpoint mode

It does sometimes, but not always 261d-1f3fd.png

Mine will occasionally start out quiet or muffled, but I have never been able to determine with any certainty if it is a bug or caused by having the detector sitting on a target when engaging the pinpoint. Even if the coil is pulled aside there may be rejected trash targets under the coil. I guess I need to do experiments on ground I know to be free of targets to get to the bottom of this one. At worst I hit the pinpoint button a second time and everything is fine. In general my pinpointing with Equinox is great - if the target is good I am going to be spot on. Ferrous trash, that may throw me off.

• Like 3

I have tried pinpointing over the target and from the side. Sometimes it starts out quiet or a real low sound but if I move away and try again it is fine. Never really bothered me. Most often I do the wiggle so I really only pinpoint on targets that I can't pick up with my TRX or Carrot. Most often that tells me whether to dig a plug or a flap. 

When my 800 went haywire it started screaming in pinpoint mode but when I laid it down it was in detect mode and started screaming on it's own. 

I am getting my 800 back on Thursday hip hip hooray

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

One thing I've noticed:

Swing / hold the coil up and quiet for 2-3 seconds and then back over the target fixes it 95% of the time without having to disable and re-enable the PP function

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sinclair said:

One thing I've noticed:

Swing / hold the coil up and quiet for 2-3 seconds and then back over the target fixes it 95% of the time without having to disable and re-enable the PP function

That has been my experience as well.  I just hold if off to the side for a moment and return to target. 

• Like 1

Pin point responses are the pretty much the same as my CTX...maybe a little more aggressive on the 800. I've considered this normal for the 800. Pinpoint has been pretty much dead accurate so far. 

strick

13 hours ago, SittingElf said:

That has been my experience as well.  I just hold if off to the side for a moment and return to target. 

Yep, me too. If you move quickly it goes very, very quiet, almost like it has the volume turned down to 1. But if you initiate the pinpoint and stay still for a second or 2 the full volume come on. Now if I can just remember to do that I will be fine :laugh:

• Like 1

I too have had the same problem with the audio when going into the pinpoint mode. It didn’t make any difference on target or off when turning on the pinpointer. I’ve found if I just turn it off and back on again all works well.

Minelab is no different than another company that I well know . When they come out with a detector that’s a step way beyond anything they had before you have to expect unexpected problems.

If we want detector companies keep meeting our demands. Then we too have to stand by and give them time to correct the problem and it will be problems in anything new.

Chuck