Inquiring Mind Wants To Know

Ridge Runner

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the forum! Just so you are aware there is a cost to being a dealer here. I expect you to help answer general questions in any way you can on any of the forums here. That is the price I demand for dealer presence. Otherwise you get free advertising and I get nothing in return when what I need most is knowledgeable people helping people with questions. It has to be a two way street to be fair.

As a rule I would not be allowing this much outright sales talk but since people are having a hard time finding machines it is a net positive - I think - so I am being lenient.

Overt dealer presence here is an experiment and it is up to dealers to make it work for me and the other members. As long as the benefits are clear to everyone then all will be well. If it is just dealers flocking here to sell product then I will have to change the rules. As I say, it’s up to dealers to make it work, not me.

My Policy Regarding Dealers

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Metal Detecting Stuff said:

By the way, Cabelas cancelled a bunch of orders last week and are now estimating delivery after 3/30 based on screen shots I've seen. I think the pre-order guys are back on track!

I think what you mean is that they have delayed the deliveries, not cancelled the orders.  And they have already charged my CC account so in a way those who ordered, have yet to receive, and haven't cancelled are in a similar boat with those who have prepaid their local dealers.  Our money just hasn't been tied up for as long, nor necessarily in the same way.

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the forum! Just so you are aware there is a cost to being a dealer here. I expect you to help answer general questions in any way you can on any of the forums here. That is the price I demand for dealer presence. Otherwise you get free advertising and I get nothing in return when what I need most is knowledgeable people helping people with questions. It has to be a two way street to be fair.

As a rule I would not be allowing this much outright sales talk but since people are having a hard time finding machines it is a net positive - I think - so I am being lenient.

Overt dealer presence here is an experiment and it is up to dealers to make it work for me and the other members. As long as the benefits are clear to everyone then all will be well. If it is just dealers flocking here to sell product then I will have to change the rules. As I say, it’s up to dealers to make it work, not me.

My Policy Regarding Dealers

Thanks Steve! I hope to be able to participate in ongoing discussions. As those that know me will tell you, I'm generally a low key kind of guy that try's to help others with answers when I can.

Wayne

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked