Gain Adjustment Instructions For Bullseye Trx Pinpointer

GB_Amateur

I don't remember what the default gain setting is, but don't think it's the max (4).  So new out-of-the-box it's not max and if you leave the batteries out for an extended period of time (it will 'remember' if you're just changing batteries) it will revert to factory default, I think.

I wish White's had included this kind of detailed instructions with the unit but mine didn't have them -- don't know why.  I always run it maxed out, and it works great in that mode, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for those links, Steve.  That 'Extended User Manual' is what was missing from my purchase.  I prefer written instructions to video, although Dirt Fishing's YouTube video is well done.

Hopefully Tom will see this and either verify that this page is included in the box (maybe mine was a hickup, etc.) or see that it will be there in the future.  Makes a big difference (IMO) to be able to run at max gain -- turns a mediocre device into a top notch one.

• Like 1

My didn't come with the extended manual either.   I had to hunt it up.

TRX is a nice probe.  I run mine on level 3 and vibrate only.   Plenty of juice on 3.   I save the 4th level for special purpose.  I like knowing there is still something there if I was to need it.   The only thing wrong with it is the weak LED, but I only use the LED for a quick glance to tell me if its on or off.

Good luck with it.

HH
Mike

• Like 3