Overall Observations Of The Equinox

A really great write-up Wayfarer.  Thank you! 

You commented:

The Equinox is a very good, but not great, detector for deep coins. For deep isolated coins, the CTX still reigns supreme. However, the current thinking is that the vast majority of yet-to-be-found silver coins are still there not because they are deep, but because they are masked. The Equinox unmasks far better than the CTX does. So you may actually have a better chance of coming home with silver with the Equinox because it unmasks so much better than the CTX (or, I'm assuming, the various other FBS machines which I haven't used).

I am curious to know how you have found in the way the Equinox hits those "unmasked" targets.  Is it a broken chirp of a high tone around a null or lower tones, or can you zero in on the target with repeatable hits?  I spent some time with the 600 this weekend, mostly in Park 1, and I found it a little chatty in my ground... I'm just not sure if I should be chasing those quasi-phantom high tones, or if you have found that you can get a solid tone by narrowing your sweep over the target.  Thanks in advance for any advice.  Tim