The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

1 minute ago, GKman said:

Was it your first order from Cabela's? Something seems messed up for sure. I don't think Rachel wants to talk to me any more. Her last email was pretty blunt.

No but it has been awhile since I ordered from them. My assumption in the shipping is all that ordered next day went first then all that did not use FREESHIPPING promo went second then we who used the free shipping promo shipped last ..Just my opinion

Just now, Toddbbq said:

No but it has been awhile since I ordered from them. My assumption in the shipping is all that ordered next day went first then all that did not use FREESHIPPING promo went second then we who used the free shipping promo shipped last ..Just my opinion

Unfortunately I didn't use free shipping... Didn't realize that was an option until later...

Whoever it was that warned about Cabela's sloppy practices had it right. About half of those who ordered on 2/30 and got the "shipped" message the next day actually received anything, and it seemed quite random.  No one there really knows what is happening, and they tell you conflicting things. 

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Now I know you're joking, Norm.  That is pretty funny.  Especially, since ML holds the patents and will litigate with the competition at the drop of a hat.  You can ask Whites and XP about that.  

Regarding pre-pays.  (Not a Norm S. issue).  This is a fluid, free market environment.  If anything, you can juxtapose the Cabelas and Kellyco situations and ascertain that pre-paying did not provide an advantage in the larger scheme of things despite initial reports to the contrary that were subsequently debunked.  I recall folks that adamantly maintained that ML was preferentially going to dole out the detectors to satisfy pre-orders that were pre-paid.  Lesson learned.  Shop around and find the dealer situation that suits your principles and if you ARE going to prepay to perhaps find an advantage with a specific dealer in terms of which list you get on to, then be prepared for your money to be in someone else's hands for a long time before you receive product.  Fortunately, if you put in the effort to do the legwork you can find the situation that suits you because dealers run the gamut when it comes to setting their terms on prepays, extras, discounts, etc..  I can also say this, if you have a close relationship with a dealer, stick it out rather than jump ship. You will be better off in the long run because they will still be there for you when the big box guy is done after the last shipping notice.  Don't stop believing!

Nicely said Chase. I stuck it out with my Dealer and was treated great. He delivered my 800 today and I'm charging it up as I type.

Stick with your dealer..I'm sure glad I did. Best of luck!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

Nicely said Chase. I stuck it out with my Dealer and was treated great. He delivered my 800 today and I'm charging it up as I type.

Congrats on finally getting your hands on a new Equinox.  Can't wait to see your reports come rolling in.

I couldn't agree more about sticking with your local dealer.  There are many benefits that come from your local dealer that you've built a relationship with, and trying to save a few bucks buying from a big box store just isn't worth it.  Plus you support your local small businessman instead of corporate shareholders who only care about the profits.

• Like 4

Thank you Wayfarer! I agree with all your points about staying with your Dealer. I'll post if anything interesting comes up.

Best of Luck!

BH

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

Congrats.  I got the call too and it's Saturday or Monday for me.  Finally.

• Like 1

I decided to get an available Equinox 600 which will be here today. I am still one of the next on my dealers list for an 800 and I should have that in a couple weeks   

Apparently I'm not the only one that will have a pair of equinoxes. When the accessory coils are made available I will have an alternate coil ready to run on the 600 and as backup. 

• Like 2

Ya I joke a lot but the frustration is real. Pre pay or not, 1st order in or not there seems to be no logic as to when someone ordered their detector. I am not talking about Cablea's either. 

I usually don't get caught up in hype but I somehow did this time. What I do know is the Equinox is not going to obsolete any detector. The people the benefit from it the most will be experienced in detecting. It may be a better option for plug and play but if you have no experience in detectors that won't help much. It's still gonna take 100 hours to learn it well enough to make you think you got your monies worth. 

Why does Norm want an Equinox. I want one for the challenge.  I am also down to one detector from 5. I need a backup and I need one so when my grandson visits. 

• Like 2