The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

Terry,

Did Kellyco send you a tracking number prior to finding it delivered to your porch?

• Like 1

So with all these machines not flowing out the factory like a tsunami. 

And dealers having to make cloak and dagger deals with their loyal customer base.

People getting tired and frustrated that their Nox hasn’t turned up.

Out of the blue, lightning struck on a clear sunny day and it’s sitting in my mancave as I write???

The agony of it all,.... a second one is inbound via another channel and I really have to read the manual now.

Sunday just turned into Noxday!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Glad you got your machine!

I do have to say though,  it pisses me off that an order from Nov shipped before an order from September.....  I see the love hate relationship between Minelab and their customers.  They may build great detectors , but they are absolutely clueless about customer support and customer communications.  Doing business like they do is the opposite way to build brand loyalty. 

If someone else makes an equal to the EQ, I'll likely dump mine like a hot potato in a New York second....we'll see how it does in the field, I do have high hopes for it.

Yes, it is a bit infuriating. Just another example of orders being filled out of order. There are at least two people on findmall who just got tracking numbers for orders placed in October from KellyCo all examples of what I called them about and was told that it was a lie. Not cool. I much rather would have been told “Hey, it looks like we made a mistake. We are deeply sorry and hope you understand. We are striving to get this straightened out and hope to have your machine in your hand as soon as possible.” But instead I got “That’s a lie. But I guarantee you will get your machine EVENTUALLY...” 

Arrrghhh!  

Reminds me of Cabela's apparently prioritizing the people that paid for their shipping vs those that opted to use their free shipping coupon.....likely the last time I do any business with Cabela's, there's plenty of other resources for what they peddle.

New to forum, been reading since I ordered my equinox.I did pre order from kellyco on nov 8 and did not hear anything from them, even calling got rude answers from cs. So on febuary 20 got on the big box bandwagon and ordered a 600.After confirmation on my order I cancelled my ordered from kellyco .Three days later I got my 600, love it! The best part of story is a week later I get a package from kellyco, a 600. Ha, how messed up is that company!iI call customer service and they can't find anything on computer about my order!! So being honest, I get shipping receipt and send it back!I get return email with full price being retured to me? Ha are they messed up or what!

5 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Glad you got your machine!

I do have to say though,  it pisses me off that an order from Nov shipped before an order from September.....  I see the love hate relationship between Minelab and their customers.  They may build great detectors , but they are absolutely clueless about customer support and customer communications.  Doing business like they do is the opposite way to build brand loyalty. 

If someone else makes an equal to the EQ, I'll likely dump mine like a hot potato in a New York second....we'll see how it does in the field, I do have high hopes for it.

You did read the followup post that he forgot that he ordered it in early October not November, right?  We don't really accurately know the status of the early September orders at this point, but yeah some have been shipped out of order.  But this specific issue is a K-Co issue, not a Minelab issue.  K-co, not Minelab decides who on their waiting list they are going to ship to.  Hey, I'm no Minelab apologist, but if we're going to do the blame game, then put the blame on the proper party.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flukenut said:

New to forum, been reading since I ordered my equinox.I did pre order from kellyco on nov 8 and did not hear anything from them, even calling got rude answers from cs. So on febuary 20 got on the big box bandwagon and ordered a 600.After confirmation on my order I cancelled my ordered from kellyco .Three days later I got my 600, love it! The best part of story is a week later I get a package from kellyco, a 600. Ha, how messed up is that company!iI call customer service and they can't find anything on computer about my order!! So being honest, I get shipping receipt and send it back!I get return email with full price being retured to me? Ha are they messed up or what!

Wow.  Yep, like I said.  A kco issue.  Just wow.

• Like 1

Mine arrived at my local Fedex depot on Friday night.  Showed up as "out for delivery" Saturday AM on tracking but is actually just sitting in the truck cooling its heels for the weekend and will go out Monday.  Tried calling customer support to see if I could just pick it up.  By the time I got a human being on Saturday afternoon, they said, yes this is possible.  Your depot closed at 3pm, though.  I initiated researching contact info and calling at 2:40 the CSR gave me the good news at 3:05 and the Fedex depot is 10 min from my house.  Two wasted weekend days I could be learning and hunting but no Noxtradamus for me this weekend.  Thx FEDEX. 

• Sad 1

Chase, it’s almost a comedy of errors at this point isn’t it? I mean, all we can do is just admire the universe as it conspires to work against us! Lol. I’m glad to hear you’re getting close (even though it’s still a loooong ways from being in your hands), I still haven’t heard a peep.

• Like 1

Thanks, BD.  You got that comedy of errors thing right.  The wait until this week was nothing compared to having it sitting 3 miles from my house doing nothing but sitting in a truck with two Sunny 50-degree detecting days going to waste!  Ha. (Not so fast Deus, get back over here, you're not going anywhere...yet).  At least I have a known end game and for that I am thankful.  A lot of folks still don't know anything yet.

The thing is, all these stories are not about corporate greed per se but when it really comes down to it, just consistent abysmal customer service across the board from a lot people who apparently just don't give a damn.  I find myself profusely thanking the few competent folks who actually handle your issue in an average manner because it comes across as them going above and beyond, when in reality, they are just doing their job in a competent manner but because the bar is so low, it somehow looks exemplary.  That is just plain sad.