The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

On 2/27/2018 at 2:48 PM, sdbirder said:

I got mine today. Ordered from Cabela's on 2/20 @ 5:45AM PST and got the dreaded backordered email on 2/23. Total time: 14 days 9 hours 41 minutes 16 seconds ago. Edit: used "freeship".

It's drawing more power while charging than I expected @ 1.60A, 5.11V. My XP Deus draws about 1/2 that with the headphones, coil and controller.

IMG_20180306_150531 copy.jpg

IMG_20180306_150651 copy.jpg

On 3/4/2018 at 7:01 PM, BlueDog said:

Congrats! Can’t wait to hear how you like it. If you don’t mind me asking, where did you order it from and when? Inquiring minds would like to know! 

I got it from Brian at AK mining in Alaska. They give the 15% Veteran's discount and also ship Fed3s 2nd day for free. Great company! And they just got 6 more in:

brian@akmining.com

On 3/4/2018 at 4:26 AM, dewcon4414 said:

I agree....... it all gives you a chuckle now.   But....... we clearly know where the bottle neck is and whos to blame.   Hardware should have been just waiting on the final software change...... then out the door.   ML could have even started shipping machines....... and distributors or dealers could have down loaded them.  Lot of things could have happened...... but hasnt.    I have to believe some dealers are taking care of their locals and serious customers regardless of pre-order........ and i also KNOW some guys were on more than one list and bought them and now offering them to friends who dont have them yet.   People find ways of getting them even with short supplies.   I just look at it .... eventually there wont be a need to cut in line...... who knows not having one might save me some money if they find a problem.... .. 

IF Minelab had any sense, they would've started shipping the units back in December, knowing there was an eminent pending firmware upgrade and it would've done two things to cast them in a a positive light:

1) Units would've shipped faster and the forum/FB complaints & frustration would've started to dissipate

2) As Minelab has a pathetic track record regarding firmware updates, the fact that they would've released a firmware update that added additional functionality would've been received as a very positive event, as not only would it instill confidence in buyers that Minelab was finally leveraging user upgrade capabilities, but the fact that it would've added additional functionality would also be a booster as people would perceive it as a value add event, giving their machines more capabilities.

Unfortunately ML did option 3) Nothing.... :rolleyes:  Doing nothing is still a choice, but it wasn't well received by the general populous.

3 hours ago, Norm S said:

Cablea's has Equinox 600 in stock

I will not buy anything from Cabelas again. When they do not give our Vets the discount that comes fro MInelab they lost my patronage. There comes a time to make a stand against this kind of dishonoring our Veterans.   

My EQ800 was supposed to ship last week, and get delivered tomorrow, but looking at the tracking# it appears to be stuck in IL since Thursday with zero movement:

Hodgkins,  IL,  United States 03/01/2018 11:28 P.M. Arrival Scan
Elm Grove,  WI,  United States 03/01/2018 9:42 P.M. Departure Scan
  03/01/2018 8:11 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 03/01/2018 4:56 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I for one am happy Minelab waited and made sure all the units have the best info and software when released.  Just think of all the users of other brands and how they would jump all over Minelab for not doing it right the 1st time.

It does not bother me and most of my customers.  Now I feel some folks just like to complain.  Hey,  If you don't like the way Minelab does things, then don't use their product.  Just leaves more treasures for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Morris said:

I will not buy anything from Cabelas again. When they do not give our Vets the discount that comes fro MInelab they lost my patronage. There comes a time to make a stand against this kind of dishonoring our Veterans.   

Not to mention the clustermuck they did on the last EQ800 batch order that many of us received a status of shipped and emails saying such, only to receive backorder emails a few days later, what a crock of sh!t!

Just now, Gerry in Idaho said:

I for one am happy Minelab waited and made sure all the units have the best info and software when released.  Just think of all the users of other brands and how they would jump all over Minelab for not doing it right the 1st time.

It does not bother me and most of my customers.  Now I feel some folks just like to complain.  Hey,  If you don't like the way Minelab does things, then don't use their product.  Just leaves more treasures for me.

Each to their own Gerry, I cannot tell if I like the way ML does anything yet, because my EQ800 that I ordered in September isn't here yet!.....but again, everyone's entitled to their opinion...and opinions are like...ok, I won't go there!  Peach brother!