The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

Just now, Cal_Cobra said:

Each to their own Gerry, I cannot tell if I like the way ML does anything yet, because my EQ800 that I ordered in September isn't here yet!.....but again, everyone's entitled to their opinion...and opinions are like...ok, I won't go there!  Peach brother!

If you would have stuck to your original dealer back in Sept. when you ordered., I am most certain you would have it by now?  Jump ship and then blame it on Cabelas?  No worries.  My Sept, Oct, Nov customers are all taken care of.  If you want to PM me the dealer I can look into it?

7 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

If you would have stuck to your original dealer back in Sept. when you ordered., I am most certain you would have it by now?  Jump ship and then blame it on Cabelas?  No worries.  My Sept, Oct, Nov customers are all taken care of.  If you want to PM me the dealer I can look into it?

Sir,  you may want to get your facts correct before posting such assumptions.

Fact - I did stick with my original dealer order from Sept. I never canceled the order, in fact it supposedly shipped last week (yet appears to have never left IL). 

Fact - Yes I did order from Cabela's too when they came up there, with the intention of honoring my original dealer purchase as well.  After the Cabelas cluster, I canceled the Cabelas order.  Original dealer order was still in play.

Fact - I still have nothing.

Fact - ML's rollout of the EQ has been an exceedingly frustrating experience for a first time Minelab buyer (new that is, I've owned some a used Sov and Etrac).

Like I said Cal_Cobra,  Email me ( PM ) the dealer who you paid in Sept and I'll look into it).

I can easily tell you are frustrated with the whole thing, but coming onto the forum multiple times and sharing your frustration does no good, a couple time is enough.  Some people are tired of it. 

If you would like to get a 600 now and see how it runs, operates and feels, just ask and I send you one.  Send it back in a couple weeks if you don't like it.  This way you can be using one while waiting on the 800.

I won't say any more unless I see a PM.  If you don't feel like providing that info, then not much I can do.

No worries, you can chew on me...USMC, thick skinned and hard headed at times.

• Like 3

My apologies, didn't mean to be "that guy", I'm sure Steve would like to give me the boot.  I guess I had hopes that perhaps ML read these forums, and perhaps they cared about how their roll out was perceived by their customers.  Maybe they do, and maybe they don't, I have no idea, but in my experience, if you don't speak up, then things never get changed.

At any rate, thank you for your generous offer to test out an EQ600 or contact my dealer.  I've waiting this long, so I'll just ride this out and see what happens.

Again, apologies to the forum for coming off like a whiny b!tch, that wasn't my intention.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

My apologies, didn't mean to be "that guy", I'm sure Steve would like to give me the boot.  I guess I had hopes that perhaps ML read these forums, and perhaps they cared about how their roll out was perceived by their customers.  Maybe they do, and maybe they don't, I have no idea, but in my experience, if you don't speak up, then things never get changed.

At any rate, thank you for your generous offer to test out an EQ600 or contact my dealer.  I've waiting this long, so I'll just ride this out and see what happens.

Again, apologies to the forum for coming off like a whiny b!tch, that wasn't my intention.

Buddy,  I can assure you 100% they hear us and they know.  You can ask the other dealers and most will tell you, I share more negative to them than they like and can handle at times.  I do it behind closed doors most of the time.  You are correct in some ways and I have no issues with a couple posts and expressions.  There are many "that guys" this go round, so it is all good.  Heck, sometimes there are even a few "that dealer's" too.  We'll get through it my friend.  If you are ever in Boise, Idaho, look me up and we'll do a little diggin and bitchin.

• Like 4

Just  a little common sense here. Why would Minelab ship detectors to people in the Northern snow covered states that in many cases won't even see grass until April and dealers in the south get one or two at a time. I go detecting everyday it don't rain and I know several guys down here that are patiently waiting with me being the loudest voice. I made one call and had one in 48 hrs but I had an inside track that not even a dealer can beat. The old it's who you know thing. I did wait until my dealer told me he only got two in the last shipment. In one call I could have had two for me.. I have never been one to use people I know to get an advantage but I did this time. 

In any company the key to success is communication and that goes for product roll outs. There would be very little talk on this site about delivery had Minelab said we shipped 1000 to the US last week and another 1000 shipping this week etc. 

• Like 1

well, i started this thread ( much to Steve's chagrin lol) and my dealer called me yesterday to say i'm next. !!!! i paid and am waiting for shipping confirmation. MAYBE i'll have it by the end of the week. i better start reading the manual again. though with all the others having theirs and giving us reports i feel like i'm ready to rock and or roll. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, martygene said:

well, i started this thread ( much to Steve's chagrin lol) and my dealer called me yesterday to say i'm next. !!!! i paid and am waiting for shipping confirmation. MAYBE i'll have it by the end of the week. i better start reading the manual again. though with all the others having theirs and giving us reports i feel like i'm ready to rock and or roll. 

No, I am GLAD you started the thread. I just drew the line on any new ones getting started. People can read or ignore this one as they please but a two new threads on the same subject every day was really starting to turn people off. So thanks and great news!

• Like 1

This treasure hunting affliction is making people crazy...lol...when the 7000 came out it I don't remember it even being close to this crazy....Waiting on my Equinox 800 so I can go and dig a ton of bottle caps :biggrin:

strick