The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

4 hours ago, Morris said:

I think it is time to call Kco on Monday and ask for my refund of the full amount that I paid for a pre-order.   I will find one elseware.  I wonder what kind of a hastle I will go through trying to get my money back into my account....
I am now shopping for a new established dealer to work with on a regular basis.  I would like to find one that has the ability to do repaires if needed.  I will start Monday. 

Then Keith and company at Fort Bedford (PA) Metal Detectors. may be your ticket as they also run the ML North American repair center, are honoring the 15% ML vet discount, are veteran run, and they don't require prepayment for preorders (as far as I know).  Problem is, all of these great things result in long preorder lines and you will be getting into the back of the line, unfortunately. 

This kind of blows away your primary reason for leaving KCO I know, but if you want a long term, customer-focused dealer relationship, great outfit with great deals for existing vets and retired/disabled vets (outside of of the ML deal previously mentioned) give them a call.  PM me if you want more info.

Also, look at some of the dealers that have posted in this thread and other folks in this thread who have made dealer reccs, especially those who are here responding to customer needs and concerns first and foremost rather than using this as an opportunity to shamelessly plug their business.  Steve pretty much lays down the law as far as that is concerned and you don't last long around here if you are not here primarily to contribute to the community of forum users.

Key is to shop around for the dealer that suits you.  If prepayment is not your cup of tea, several dealers can be found that don't require it.  If you like a dealer who will give you an edge (i.e., shorter wait line) with a prepayment you can find that too. Veteran run and/or veteran discounts, yup shop around.   I actually have two dealers I have a personal customer relationship with because they have different types of detector product inventories and I have different discount arrangements at each.

As far as getting your prepayment back, it shouldn't be a hassle to ask but expect, based on my direct experience a few years back, that it will take 7 to 10 business days for the charge back to occur.

Disclaimer:  I am not a dealer rep and do not have anything but a customer-based relationship with any dealer I have explicitly recommended.  In other words, I am just a guy with a few detectors trying to live up to my forum handle.

Best of luck however you choose to go and thank you for your service and sacrifices.

• Like 1

I went with Keith as well.  It made sense as far as repairs.  I have good communications with him on whats happening.   From what im told there isnt going to be a lot of repairs done.  They dont repair coils...... and will do limited repairs if any on the box.   Its a throw away and replace item for the most part... and they say its more cost effective than opening it.   I live here in Fl and rarely use KCO...... sales tax and if the item is popular seems to always be on back order because they are so large i guess.   Had a guy call me couple of nights with questions on the CTX.  He had one on order there....... he wasnt told about the military discount, but now he has it.   I was told early on they had 1000 pre-orders.....Sometimes squeaky wheel gets the grease too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GKman said:

Anyone out there that may still  be waiting for their Cabela's orders... I found out on Thursday night from Rachel that Minelab did unexpectedly get a small order in and my order (which was submitted very early on 2/20) was shipping in the next one or two business days. I checked my UPS account and found that I have an inbound package from Minelab scheduled for delivery next week. The thing is unless you check your incoming UPS deliveries you wouldn't realize it was on the way...

I got a similar message from Rachel O. on Thursday (ordered mine midday on 2/20).  I e-mailed back and asked if I'd get a tracking number, and if so, from whom.  Here is the response I got from her Friday (same day I e-mailed):

You should receive an email from Cabela’s letting you know your status has changed and it should have your UPS tracking number included.  If you do not receive an email by Tuesday let me know and I would be happy to look into it for you.

So listsning to all of this talk about hey buy a 600 for the time being and sell it for the 800 later, or jjst buy a 600 and learn a bit about the nox until u can get the 800, just throws my plans into the mixer, ive been back and forth about which one to buy for 3 months. I hear over and over that the 600 will find anything the 800 will find so i was set on just going with the 600 but listsning to you guys makes it sound like the 600 is just a toy compared to the 800.... thanks for making me second guess my 600 decision yet again :wacko::angry::biggrin: not mad just more confused again!! I mean now i feel inferior with the 600 and not the 800, should i?

Both units set identically will find the same targets. Period. The 800 does have Gold Mode which is a sort of “Pro Mode” lacking on the 600 so obviously the 600 cannot be set identically to the 800 in that regard. There are other settings on the 800 that cannot be duplicated on the 600. For me personally however the biggest appeal of the 800 is the ability to customize the non-ferrous tones and tone breaks. There is more but this has already been gone over in great detail at the thread below. In the end nobody can decide for anyone else and my best advice is that if anyone is going to live in constant doubt and confusion, just pony up the extra $250 and get the 800. You may have to wait longer to get one though. It appears a 600 can be had right now but the 800 continues to be hard to get.

Good thing is im gonna wait a few months to get which ever i decide, so not to get mixed up in all the hoot a nanny

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I got a similar message from Rachel O. on Thursday (ordered mine midday on 2/20).  I e-mailed back and asked if I'd get a tracking number, and if so, from whom.  Here is the response I got from her Friday (same day I e-mailed):

You should receive an email from Cabela’s letting you know your status has changed and it should have your UPS tracking number included.  If you do not receive an email by Tuesday let me know and I would be happy to look into it for you.

Hi

If you create a UPS account you should be able to check for any inbound packages to your address. That is how I knew it was on it's way...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Then Keith and company at Fort Bedford (PA) Metal Detectors. may be your ticket as they also run the ML North American repair center, are honoring the 15% ML vet discount, are veteran run, and they don't require prepayment for preorders (as far as I know).  Problem is, all of these great things result in long preorder lines and you will be getting into the back of the line, unfortunately. 

This kind of blows away your primary reason for leaving KCO I know, but if you want a long term, customer-focused dealer relationship, great outfit with great deals for existing vets and retired/disabled vets (outside of of the ML deal previously mentioned) give them a call.  PM me if you want more info.

Also, look at some of the dealers that have posted in this thread and other folks in this thread who have made dealer reccs, especially those who are here responding to customer needs and concerns first and foremost rather than using this as an opportunity to shamelessly plug their business.  Steve pretty much lays down the law as far as that is concerned and you don't last long around here if you are not here primarily to contribute to the community of forum users.

Key is to shop around for the dealer that suits you.  If prepayment is not your cup of tea, several dealers can be found that don't require it.  If you like a dealer who will give you an edge (i.e., shorter wait line) with a prepayment you can find that too. Veteran run and/or veteran discounts, yup shop around.   I actually have two dealers I have a personal customer relationship with because they have different types of detector product inventories and I have different discount arrangements at each.

As far as getting your prepayment back, it shouldn't be a hassle to ask but expect, based on my direct experience a few years back, that it will take 7 to 10 business days for the charge back to occur.

Disclaimer:  I am not a dealer rep and do not have anything but a customer-based relationship with any dealer I have explicitly recommended.  In other words, I am just a guy with a few detectors trying to live up to my forum handle.

Best of luck however you choose to go and thank you for your service and sacrifices.

I have numbers now for three more dealers and I will call Monday. I will keep the order from Kellyco active but will go elseware and just order a second 800.  If I end up with two of them I am sure I can sell the second one easy. There is no way Kellyco is going to fill my order by the end of March or even April or May at the rate they are getting shipments. I ordered the 6th of December. Thanks for the tip Chase and Blue Dog.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BlueDog said:

Hey Morris, first of all thank you for your service. Seriously. Thank you.

Secondly, I called KellyCo again today for a quick update, I thought the first time I called was a nightmare! I gave them my order number again, they put me on hold AGAIN and finally admitted AGAIN that I did have an 800 on order. I asked the all important question as to “when”, and was immediately interrupted and told “You’ll get it sooner or later”. Ok. I then asked why people who order 24 days after I did had already received theirs and was interrupted AGAIN by the rep and he threatened to hang up on me and “didn’t get paid enough to listen to this”.... I tried again to talk to this guy but he immediately interrupted me for a third time with and an extremely loud “HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY.” over me over and over. 

Wtf? I hung up on the jackass. 

Good luck Morris! I hope you get yours soon. 

I called KellyCo to ask about my order, I told them I completely understand, that the 800 is in short supply, but some communication  would be appreciated, as all my emails have been ignored.   I was reprimanded for ordering one in the first place. I asked them to please cancel the order.   They eventually initiated a refund after a week ( I had to call again), and then instead of refunding the Equinox 800 order, they initiated a refund for a previous order for misc stuff. I understand mistakes happen, I called them just to let them know they were refunding the wrong order, The rep that answered would not even give me a chance, to tell him what happened, he would over talk me and scold for getting in too big a hurry for the refund for the 800, after multiple attempts, I finally got him to understand, they were trying to refund wrong order.  Very frustrating, I will not use KellyCo again.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, mrdougman said:

I called KellyCo to ask about my order, I told them I completely understand, that the 800 is in short supply, but some communication  would be appreciated, as all my emails have been ignored.   I was reprimanded for ordering one in the first place. I asked them to please cancel the order.   They eventually initiated a refund after a week ( I had to call again), and then instead of refunding the Equinox 800 order, they initiated a refund for a previous order for misc stuff. I understand mistakes happen, I called them just to let them know they were refunding the wrong order, The rep that answered would not even give me a chance, to tell him what happened, he would over talk me and scold for getting in too big a hurry for the refund for the 800, after multiple attempts, I finally got him to understand, they were trying to refund wrong order.  Very frustrating, I will not use KellyCo again.

Wow. Sorry.