The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Sorry but as a business owner myself that is no excuse for treating customers like dirt. I could manage that situation myself and have no sympathy for dealers that can’t. Nobody put a gun to anyone’s head to take preorders and no company should be taking more than they can manage. It has to be really tough to sit on 100 customers money while giving them nothing in return. I don’t know what the true situation is but any problems with dealers reside with the dealers themselves. Frankly, dealers are famous for trying to toss blame for situations of their own making back at the supplier. In my case I never took money from anyone until I had stock on hand because I learned long ago that delays not only can but will happen. Problem solved.

That's the better way to do it, all right, but aside from Cabelas, which lists units as they come in (and brings its own sloppiness to bear, as I can attest), most ML dealers were apparently taking pre-orders for the Equinox.  Minelab seems to have encouraged the process, which definitely added to the buzz, so should have started sending out units on a pro rata basis, for the sake of the customers if not the dealers.  Otherwise, sure, KellyCo should be treating its waiting customers (who are its bankers at this point) with more respect, and should also be filling orders in order received, which for some reason (maybe just sloppiness) it apparently has not been doing.

6 minutes ago, Dubious said:

Minelab seems to have encouraged the process,

No, Minelab does not tell dealers how to run their business in that regard. How dealers take and handle preorders is totally up to them. Don’t take what you can’t handle is my point.

Again as a guy that knows the business better than almost anybody I have little sympathy for dealers who fumble the ball. It was sooooooo easy for me to compete with almost anyone because of the general lack of professionalism rampant in the industry.

I am happily retired but I have to admit to being tempted to jump back in at times because of all the opportunity that still exists for somebody that does it right.

• Like 6

bid is up to 1.390 now. 

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Some people have more money than sense. And right when we will probably see a bunch of 800s appear in the next two weeks. :laugh:

Yep money is no issue to some...we live in a world of instant gratification (at least here in the US) Could have probably had one by now if I wanted but my relationship with my dealer is  more important. After all it's not like all my other detectors suddenly quit working  :smile:

strick

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Thegoldenone said:

This is what I've been waiting to see! How much is a general public willing to pay for an equinox 800?

Screenshot_2018-03-13-09-43-13.png

detcrop.png