The Absolute Last Thread About Availability Issues & Which Dealer Has What

martygene

23 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

So did everyone get their detector? Anyone still waiting, and how long have you been waiting?

I been #2 on a list for over a month now. I did give him $100 on 3/12/18 to get on the list and at that point I was #3 on the list.

It was this thread that prompted me to start sending emails out to dealers and I did get one from AUAK in Alaska. Betty was great to deal with!

Still waiting on my second machine.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah, something seems wrong with that. Though some dealers out of defensiveness may be quoting far out dates just so as to not get caught short. Underpromise and overdeliver.... 

I emailed this morning and asked if I still had a month to wait, hoping that was an overestimate. The reply which was very quick, ----- EDIT I can only assume that a delivery came sometime today and then so did the email that brings a really really big smile. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I preordered on 1/26/18 from Kellyco and as of now have not heard anything. Patiently waiting.

My dealer texted me today and said 2-3 more weeks. (I'm #4 on his list and ordered on March 13th)

Ordered from Kellyco Dec 6th. I decided to get a refund and went elsewhere about 5 weeks ago.They just were not letting me know where I stand and they were getting small shipments and I knew they had a huge preorder list. I am now #1 on a new list from a smaller dealer and have been for a month now. I may never get to use one. I just was diagnosed with cancer. I am hoping that they can kill it. It has not spread which is good.  I may be in radiation treatment for 5 weeks in the Minneapolis VA. I'll take my Safari with. I know some good places in St.Paul that I have hunted before when I lived there years ago. I can maybe detect in between treatment each day. 

Anyone from the Minneapolis / St.Paul area that has free time to go hunting? 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Morris said:

Ordered from Kellyco Dec 6th. I decided to get a refund and went elsewhere about 5 weeks ago.They just were not letting me know where I stand and they were getting small shipments and I knew they had a huge preorder list. I am now #1 on a new list from a smaller dealer and have been for a month now. I may never get to use one. I just was diagnosed with cancer. I am hoping that they can kill it. It has not spread which is good.  I may be in radiation treatment for 5 weeks in the Minneapolis VA. I'll take my Safari with. I know some good places in St.Paul that I have hunted before when I lived there years ago. I can maybe detect in between treatment each day. 

Anyone from the Minneapolis / St.Paul area that has free time to go hunting? 

Fight the good fight, Morris!  We are pulling for your speedy recovery and it is good that we are periodically reminded that there are more important things in this world than Equinox waiting lists and complaining about on/off buttons, shaft wobble, pull tabs, and maximum coin depths.  Thank you for your service.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All the best to you Dennis and best all luck! I'm sorry for your diagnoses, make NO SURRENDER you mantra and beat this!

Take care 

Sillllvar 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Morris said:

I just was diagnosed with cancer. I am hoping that they can kill it. It has not spread which is good.

Sorry to hear that, Morris.  Yes, when you get it early (before it moves to other organs) the treatment will have a much higher chance of being successful.  Easy for me to say, not having been through what you are, but take advantage of the support & encouragement you will get from friends, family, others in the same boat, etc.

Keep us posted as to your progress, both with the treatment and with any finds you make while out detecting.  Amazing how getting your mind off something can actually help.  We look forward to these reports and especially the one that tells us you are in remission.

• Like 2

Just a heads up.  I've been checking the Cabellas 800 page almost everyday since I waited and missed getting a order in there back in Jan/February. It's a habit now to check still.  Today the 800 is available for order again, for now.  I'm sure whatever they have will probably go quick.