1932s Washington Quarter...toasty!

Hey all, dug this Quarter last Sunday. It was 5 inches deep in horrible alkali, read about like a weak Zinc but I was consistently hearing a high tone. The park I found it in dates back

to the early 1920's but has been heavily detected over the years, the only other silver I have found there is a war nickel. Been trying to get out with the T2 as much as possible instead of wallowing around in the wailing and gnashing of teeth( yes I am waiting for mine also). Alkali ground is tough for a 2 year newb such as myself. Wish the coin was in better shape but I was happy to get it. The nick in the rim was caused by a wildman in the park flailing about with a big knife

o

P2270001.JPG

P2270002.JPG

• Like 4

Great coin; too bad about the condition.  You found it with the Tekneetics T2?  Apparently your soil is super caustic.  Still, I'd take it -- would be the best thing I've ever found regardless of method (searching bank rolls, pocket change, MD'ing).  Just another example that you western US detectorists have the edge when it comes to -S and -CC mintmarks.  Hope it will clean up a little better, but even if not it should be highly prized.  Congrats and well done!