3 Hours At The Beach With The Equinox 800

Thegoldenone

9 hours ago, MontAmmie said:

I wrapped my Infinium mono coil in Gorilla tape.  I got a coil cover, but it was like trying to swing a boat oar through the water.  I sprayed my DFX coils with bedliner stuff for trucks.  Worked like a charm.

I like the idea of the bed liner! did the stuff layout flat? Or maybe I should say smooth....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thegoldenone said:

I like the idea of the bed liner! did the stuff layout flat? Or maybe I should say smooth....

I was fairly smooth after I sprayed it on, and it did wear off on the bottom after a year or so.  I didn't win any prizes for prettiest detector on the block either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thegoldenone said:

Wish I was near the Treasure Coast right now! I'd love to take this machine down there and crank her up! I think I'd actually have a chance of finding something there with this machine!

I just got back from Canova.  It's sanded in bad.  All that dune-fixing sand they dumped last month has been washed down to the water line by the big waves we're having.  Targets are even scarcer than usual.  I gave up after about an hour.

5 minutes ago, MontAmmie said:

I just got back from Canova.  It's sanded in bad.  All that dune-fixing sand they dumped last month has been washed down to the water line by the big waves we're having.  Targets are even scarcer than usual.  I gave up after about an hour.

That's a bummer to hear!

• Like 1

Here is my hunt from this A.M. 5 rings Tung. Titanium, Alum. Brass and 14.7g of Silver. Notice all of the Micro targets.

3-3-2018.jpg

• Like 6

"The lower shaft fills up with water"

I've always said that going to college for 10 years made me loose a lot of my common sense...but I still find it hard to believe that the engineers at Minelab built a waterproof detector and forgot to make the lower shaft drain properly :biggrin: LMAO   guess I'll be drilling a hole too!

strick  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Toddbbq said:

Here is my hunt from this A.M. 5 rings Tung. Titanium, Alum. Brass and 14.7g of Silver. Notice all of the Micro targets.

3-3-2018.jpg

Nice morning hunt! yeah I had a bunch of that micro stuff too, some of it I couldn't find kept slipping through the scoop.

How is your Beach is it clean not so much trash and junk?

Jason

3 hours ago, strick said:

"The lower shaft fills up with water"

I've always said that going to college for 10 years made me loose a lot of my common sense...but I still find it hard to believe that the engineers at Minelab built a waterproof detector and forgot to make the lower shaft drain properly :biggrin: LMAO   guess I'll be drilling a hole too!

strick  

My thought on it is they never had a real water Hunter testing the machine for them in the water!

Hey Minelab I'll volunteer to test your machines in salt water! I live on a sailboat and I'm surrounded by salt water 24/7! Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thegoldenone said:

My thought on it is they never had a real water Hunter testing the machine for them in the water!

Hey Minelab I'll volunteer to test your machines in salt water! I live on a sailboat and I'm surrounded by salt water 24/7! Lol

They make a frikken Dive Machine (Excal II) so I find this hard to believe, but, hey, facts don't lie.

10 hours ago, Thegoldenone said:

Nice morning hunt! yeah I had a bunch of that micro stuff too, some of it I couldn't find kept slipping through the scoop.

How is your Beach is it clean not so much trash and junk?

Jason

I hunted just the dry and wet sand. lots of getting out my carrot stick pin pointer. The beach is pretty clean as every day at least 2 to 10 detectorist hit it.