It's Time To Get Serious!!

Dan(NM)

I gathered up all the things I needed to complete the Nox for my 10 days of hunting since off from work for annual leave. It looks like the weather is going to cooperate with temps in the upper 60's to lower 70's here in NM. I added a Zagg clear screen protector, a housing cover from the UK, and yes, I did cut the screen on the cover for a reason. I found a padded arm rest cover, it's designed for a Garrett and my Anker power supply velcro'd to the stand when needed.

I wrapped the rod and handle with vet tape to keep the dirt and grime from scratching the paint all to hell. I'm headed to my heavily hunted spots to rework them and see what some new technology can produce, if any and to see if the mighty CTX may have missed some stuff in the trash and iron. The wife will be gone for a week, sooooo, no honey do's for me!!:super: Hopefully I'll be able to get a better feel for the machine and the settings by the end of my little vacation.

cover.jpg

cuuf.jpg

• Like 7

Sweet setup Dan!  That's about what I plan to do to mine.  The power supply under the armrest should help with balance too.  

8 hours ago, Wayfarer said:

Sweet setup Dan!  That's about what I plan to do to mine.  The power supply under the armrest should help with balance too.  

I bought a smaller Anker(10000 mAh), I doubt I'll use it, but, better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mtwolf2270 said:

Where you find the armrest nice set up.

It's called a Cuffer on e-bay, the one for a Garrett fits great.

Good Hunting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget to post finds good and bad ....................

Hope you get some good stuff Dan,

I bought a similar charger to yours to mount underneath, but also has a rechargeable solar panel on the battery pack (Picture enclosed)... Also keeps the phone charged... hehe....

I love the fact you can link your phone to the bluetooth minelab headphones, and if you get a call in the field, you can answer it by pushing the button on the headphones...

Dave.

1.jpg

• Like 1