Sleeping Gear Advice Request

8 hours ago, tvanwho said:

They do have double thick air mattresses, twin size ,about 18 inch tall, around 50 bucks for an Intex with electric air pump.

Thanks, Tom.  18 inch thick mattress for camping?  You mention 4 inch thick foam padding -- do you (prefer to) put that on top of the air mattress?  If so, how do you keep them registered/aligned?

air mattresses leak...

I used to tent camp and a foam pad worked ok.  Then I got a trailer with foam mats.....I added 2 inches of memory foam and that worked better. Now I have a Zoom trailer with a 4 inch foam mattress and 2 inch memory foam topper...I love that bed more than any other...you can do the same in your truck or car...

fred

• Like 3

18 hours ago, deathray said:

Yota  man. Can' be beat. Or older Cherokee. Colorado and ranger won' hold up in boonies

I've got a cherokee w/ only drivers seat. the entire passenger side is a padded bunk w/ under lockable storage, behind the drivers seat is lockable tall pantry. Works great Cozy for me n my dog. Safe from things that go bump in the night":ph34r: Squatch"

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, idahogold said:

I've got a cherokee w/ only drivers seat. the entire passenger side is a padded bunk w/ under lockable storage, behind the drivers seat is lockable tall pantry. Works great Cozy for me n my dog. Safe from things that go bump in the night":ph34r: Squatch"

I like the sound of that. I've considered doing the same, for shorter trips. Just me an dog, don't need a passenger seat taking up room.

I was thinking Cherokee, too.

Jim

Just now, Jim in Idaho said:

I like the sound of that. I've considered doing the same, for shorter trips. Just me an dog, don't need a passenger seat taking up room.

I was thinking Cherokee, too.

Jim

Go 5 speed. :smile:

Will do. I've got the auto in the Dodge, and have had great luck with it, but know nothing about the Cherokee automatics. For a really serious backroads rig a stick is the way to go.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yup, Fred....I can't count the nights I've spent sleeping in the cab of a pickup when the weather turned south...even in the winter up here. ya do what ya gotta.

Jim