Finds Of A Lifetime! Silver And Gold!

There are few highs as intense as seeing big gold come out of the ground. I have done the nugget thing but am still waiting to see that gold coin pop out of the ground. That video is just great on so many levels, not least in being motivational. Just time to get out and do it. Thanks for having the presence of mind to do these videos. I keep thinking about it but once I am on a hunt I get so intent on what I am doing I just have not got around to it yet. Chris and I shot a lot of video with JP while in Australia and it is a lot of work not only to record but then to edit. So again, thanks. I really enjoyed that. And congratulations to Mark and Andrew!

• Like 1

Wow, what an exhilarating night that must have been. Crazy.

Just out of interest, does anyone know what the value of each of those different coins would be, if they were sold today?

Rumblefish, this site will give you some idea of the value of those coins and you will be guessing at the condition of each coin, but keep in mind the values listed are for PCGS graded coins, it would cost you to have them graded but if the coin is in very, very good condition and or a "key" date, e.g. meaning a rare dated coin, in such a case the cost of having them graded would be well worth it over selling them ungraded.

http://www.pcgs.com/prices/

• Like 1

OMG! I watched the video 20 minutes ago and my blood pressure is still dangerously high. LOL Wonderful, just wonderful. You guys are livin the dream. Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

it is a lot of work not only to record but then to edit.

Steve, you got that right. I create the videos of our hunts. It is pretty tough to edit 40 minutes or so of footage into 10-15 minutes. I hate having videos over 10 minutes but this was an exception.

That hunt was probably about 5 hours total. The video process when all said and done was at least double that amount of time. An expert probably could kick it out in much less time but editing the video, the pictures, the layout etc is very time consuming.

At this point we have just made the videoing a part of our hunt routine. We have access to these sites and can get back to them at anytime so the lost time of shooting the video etc is just part of our day. And when you capture something like this it is all worth it.

Nice video and good, good coins. Those only come around once in a while.

I must say though, several of those coins were dug up ON THE EDGE OF THE HOLE!!! (One even outside the hole)

Better pinpointing is in order.

No Ron, that is not what I meant. I know how it feels to dig gold and silver coins. There is nothing like it. It is the ultimate feeling.

I am happy for him and hope it is not his last "find of a lifetime".

But I cringed every time he stuck that, what shall I call it, a small shovel, in the ground!!! Especially after I saw how close he was to the coins. What if one of those $20 gold coins were a 1866S in EF condition and you hit it? That date is a possibility. There goes a $15,000 coin.

I'm not sure what having a new machine has to do with it? Couldn't anyone double check the locations before digging? Especially when you could see the danger of hitting a valuable coin....

But, in the excitement, maybe nobody saw the danger.

In any case, that was a great video. The only thing that could have made it better would be if there had been another 100 coins. (maybe there was?)