Some Info On My T2+...... Nail Board Video Added

Got hold of a T2+ and at first before I received it I was scared FTP may of did something to reroute a Good thing...So I waited and wondered ...The ever evolving series of T2's throughout its life span had me in limbo not Knowing which way it would go... 

The original T2 I got in 2007 I believe it was upon release..And I instantly fell in love with it.Buttons were everywhere waiting on me!!..and Loved it,,all but the NOISE of EMI...but still I ran it because I KNEW what it could/would do. 

The The Camo LTD with bp mode and Cache Mode...a Godsend...What PUNCH or ability to airgap!!! yet MORE noise...LOL...But I KNEW what it could do... 

Then we got the V2 (DST) model...Quiet as a mouse where did the EMI go????Yet to me it was not SPARKY any more and seemed to have a LAG feel and the extreme depth targets would sort of just clip out instead of go to a fuzzy sound like on a non DST version.. 

Then we got the T2 Classic..WOW!!!!! EMI non existent and speedy,zippy,sparky!! LOVED it..Still had a bit of SLIGHT deep target signal clipping but not bad.YET no BP mode for my air-gap pinestraw prone hunts... 

Now we have the T2+ 

Ill make no qualms about it...The T2 to ME has always been a hall of famer status detector and I'm sure others know/feel this as well..Plus I just mesh with it so easily and love to use them on any iron ridden and or mixed use sites...the ID is superb and Its lite and it just plain digs Relics and loves brass..The Disc is Par excellence on the T2 as a +..One of the few VLF I can pick large brass in large iron easily and add small coil and damage some iron and or trashy mixed use sites with ease...I like to set DIsc ((on a say 100 year continuously occupied site most walk away from including me from all the assortment of trash)) up to 80 and just grab all the silver and large brass etc eerily easy. 

Go to a nail ridden civil war house full of iron debris and set disc on zero 2+ tones and Sift iron with small coil... 

Work open fields with large coils and threshold all metal and dig DEEEEEEEP.. 

This is what i like about a T2 a very multi use machine and steady LOCKING I.D's when you need it.. 

So the T2+??...Well,, and I don't say this Lightly...to me it may be the best T2 built To date...As always K.I.S.S. easy interface..same housing and rods etc..although I notice they have went back to the way the pistol grip attaches to the rod like the first ones did..and I like that..there for awhile they used the brass insert and screw to hold the handles on and they had a slight wobble the first ones with bolt and nut did not have...well the T2+ has the old school set up,, really tight no wiggle!When you turn it on its like any other T2..disc mode 60 sens and 1 tone..Change settings turn it off turn it back on and your back to the 60 sens and 1 tone..I LIKE THAT..hard reset everytime..and makes me check my settings on every hunt..Has all the T2 standard tone modes..1,1+,2+,3,3b,4,Dp and now the added BP and like on the LTD BP its two + tone only...same screen new T2+ Written across top of screen graphics..and detector is T2 classic green ( my favorite color LOL!!)

Here's where things get interesting and my worrying was in vane...This T2+ is as fast as any T2 Ive used in past 11 years..and EMI free to boot...there is some sizzle spark on 99 Sens but that's the Gain not outside interference...It lightning quick!!and recovery shut down and separation is enhanced it so seems by the speed...So its fast and yes its still Deeep... 

Clad dime indoors Biaxial coil, 2+ tone, factory ground balance of 90 zero disc is air testing 12.75 inches..and non to jsut slight slight clipping its a modulated whisper like old days pre DST...Turn Bp on same dime is now 15 inches.So the AIR depth is as hot as any T2 I've ever ran..and the speed is as good or MAYBE? slightly faster Even Bp mode which is inherently slower seems to be quick still not as laggy as a V2 DST T2 in standard tone..And maybe a tad bit faster than non DST BP mode..I know there seems to havea tightness feel to the tone now in precise way. 

It almost feels like the T2+ has a faster processor or??? inside the unit...Tones are crisp and tight and the separation is quick..And that may be away they overcome some of the DST lag..just speed up the clock?? 

I never used Cl mode on other T2s so I don't miss it on this one and if you don't need iron volume settings and Variable tone pitch the V2 offers but want performance then think basic old school T2 with Bp only thats where youll be....and the Bp mode on this one carries over to the all metal mode as it should! 

I would say its everybit the T2 C. in production now yet seems more reactive and there is a slight cleanness to the tone over the C.Its just as quiet as a T2C.but with the added Bp mode for better below 3 to 4 bar dirt and or air-gap issues from sites its a welcome addition... 

This is workhorse unit for sure and can do very well about anywhere inland..Hate to sound to excited about the T2+ but to me its the evolved unit I've wished for...I need no notching or backlights or the likes ..Does well on my 9 inch dime in 4 bar dirt like any PROPER T2 and clips a high tone on the 10 inch dime 4 bar dirt like any PROPER T2.. 

I wont say its any deeper than past T2's of any model in the soil...but its as fast or faster than some models... 

Lets call it a PROPER clean running noise free T2..What more could you want if you need a machine that can really SITE SIFT modern/old or combo of both..There's SOME better iron sifters and there's deeper machines in certain soils But the T2+ has some excellent clean disc and quickness that overcomes its start stop audio gate to a point that it makes it hard to hunt a site then come back and not have to work hard on the site with the Iron sifters to manage more goodies. 

One other thing on my buried dimes the 3 tone actually has a cleaner more dig me hit ..the ten inch dime is at least 75% of the sweeps telling me to go for it..On other T2's the 3 tone never was this two tone was .. 

OK I like this T2+!!!LOL!!!But I always have... 

Keith

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I hear it handles extreme minerals better? What say you Keith?

The Teknetics T2 was in my opinion First Texas last “breakthrough” machine and a true classic. The F75 is basically just an offshoot variant. It was the T2 that created the mold, especially the widely copied 7” x 11” DD coil. I really like the all metal mode performance with metered target id. Not only is the performance there but to this day no detector feels better on my arm and in my hand the the T2 platform. Just a terrific machine and a killer value package. Considering the included $149 Tek-Point pinpointer (an excellent pinpointer!) and digging tool the T2 is priced at $399 and is easily the best of class at that price point by a large margin in my opinion.

Thanks for the report Keith - we missed you here!

teknetics-t2-plus-color-flyer-2018.jpg

• Like 2

The “+” package really is a screaming deal

The certificate for a free refurb and 2 year transferable warranty takes care of the old problem of warranty only to the original owner, making eventual resale easier - Nice add-on.

The pinpointer is just great.  I had one out last weekend, noticibly deeper than my TRX and less fussy.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 6:23 AM, George Kinsey said:

I hear it handles extreme minerals better? What say you Keith?

Hi George!!!

I've found on the T2 series if you sweep faster on suspicious targets it cleans up the signal quite well..even in Mineral...almost like the T2 series has 3 filter instead of 2...

I think that's why I mesh so well with the T2 series...I like to swing faster than I should and I try to calm myself down but I got used to it years ago HAVING to for depth on the early machines..

The T2 does do well on mineral...at least the + is and It may be doing better than the earlier T2's..

My 10 inch 4 bar dime is coming in nicely especially on three tone..

Yep Three tone on the T2+ is becoming my favorite mode if the dirt is above 3 bars..

and 3 tone is quite deadly in iron for unmasking Im finding on HEAVY Heavy Iron..

Watch video I've posted showing three tone on iron if you get a chance.Sort of long and rambling at times I notice after watching it myself LOL..But I hate to see people NOT notice just how good of a platform the T2 is even after a decade...T2 was a game changer and its still very much right there with the best...Great inland unit the + is..And   how should I say it  feels about RIGHT..Like it took a decade to get everything ironed out..Clean ,Deep,Precise.in the best Ergo package you can  find and non battery hog and slew of coils to tailor it to a site.

Keith

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Some Info On My T2+...... Nail Board Video Added