Fisher Gold Bug Pro Vs F19 Vs F75 Vs Nokta Fors Gold / Fors Core

Hi Ronnie,

As I note above, the F75 and T2 are nearly the same detector. The T2 is designed specifically to use DD coils and has an expanded ground/ferrous range, which if anything means it is probably the better prospecting machine between the two. Huge numbers of T2 detectors were sold in Africa and found a ton of gold there. That may not be too much of an exaggeration!

Still, the T2 and F75 are very similar. I got the F75 mainly to have extra features it offers that frankly do not make it any better at gold. That said, I did very well with mine, as can be seen at http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/finds-Steve-Herschbach.htm and http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/357-fisher-f75-strikes-gold-twice-in-a-row/

As far as videos go I have to admit I never watch them. Too easy to manipulate. Fisher quality control is not the best so there are weak units and hot units so that factors in also. All I can tell you is you have a great detector. It can find gold if you put it over it.

Hi. Steve. Yes it's interesting how these machines excel at some things and not others. the one thing I have found with the T2 is that it is a way better machine in All Metal Mode than Discrim. In Discrim. Mode it does not like our $1 gold coin. I buried a 5...10...20...50 cent and a $1 coin.The 5 cent is quite small and was still picked up reasonably well. But the big chunky $1?. Could not hear it or sometimes one way but not the return sweep.But in All Metal.? Everything was in your face big time even with the coil off the ground several inches.  I also noticed big differences in the multi tone programs. people need to be aware that in some of these programs a target that sounded in one may not sound at all in another. I assume it is to do with the way the filtering has been set up. I found you really need to practice with some known targets to find out exactly what is happening in the discrim. programs and what targets you may not hear in some of them. Personally I will always detect in AM unless in very rubbishy areas. The T2 is very powerful in this mode.The Video by the way was one continuous shot so I don't think there were any edits. Each person switched his machine on and GBd it and swept the target. It was to my eyes a pretty convincing and fair comparison, but I agree with what you're saying. Some of em are a bit dodgy. Anyway Steve It's always a pleasure to talk with you as your advice is always on the money and you are a credit to the Detecting community....Regards...Ronnie.

• Like 1

Thanks Ronnie, my pleasure.

All metal is the only way to go. Unless you just have to crank in a little disc. I always say dig everything em I wander into the middle of a trash dump and somehow it does not seem like a good idea any more! But very, very powerful all metal mode on T2, no doubt about it.

I love the feel of the machine. Great balance. Now go find one of the huge Aussie nuggets we all dream about!