I Had To Sit Down! Double Seated At The Park With The Nox!

Skate

Awesome recoveries, I feel the same about all my machines.  In fact I've sold all but I'll keep two, the F75 and my White's TDI as backup and specialty machine respectfully.

57 minutes ago, Skate said:

I'm embarrassed to admit about 15 old twist off bottle tops.

Don't be embarrassed for a second.  Two seated coins in one hunt in a park you (and others) have searched many times before?  Wow!

I share your requirement of lightweight detectors.  It was a tough decision for me to even get the Fisher F75 at 3.5 lb and by many accounts it was (and maybe still is) the best balanced detector ever made.  If you can get an hour or two extra out of a lightweight detector you are miles ahead.  Very few on this site are still in their 20's, or 30's, or even 40's.  A real man (or woman) uses his brain before his brawn.

Thanks for continuing to post your finds.  It helps all of us, whether or not we are getting an Eqx.  The finds are still out there waiting for us!

• Like 1

Thanks to all. It was truly awesome. These are my two oldest US coins I've ever found. I've scored a 1787 reale and a bunch of chinese coins from the early 1700's but before this my oldest US was an 1895 shield nickel. In my area we just don't have much in the way of historical coins in the ground at places like parks that go beyond the early 1900's. I was in a cluster of oak trees near the foundation tree and it is my understanding they used to have church picnics out there after services. Unfortunately much of the park area near this is covered with asphalt. 

The Equinox is a really good machine for sure and I look forward to seeing how  everyone does. The law of averages says I'll be visited by the skunk here soon so I'm going to ride this wave as long as I can. 

Hats Off to you Skate.  Getting 2 firsts with the NOX is really good news.  No need to be specific, but give us an idea of the Settings.  I still do not have one in my shop and the weather is to be 40's all week with a high of 50 so I might borrow my brothers unit.  I have yet to assemble one, so a quick shot of your settings may (not for certain) help me.

Again, that is fabulous to get Seated Silvers already.