I Got A Picker Tonite

tvanwho

This was what I found while in Marion n.c by Brackett town..an old slave mining camp...This emerald paid for my trip around the u.s. and bought a new mini van.. actually if I knew then what I know now they couldnt have gotten it that cheap..but live and learn..

post-552-0-74444600-1421890198_thumb.jpe

post-552-0-80354300-1421890240_thumb.jpe

post-552-0-33067200-1421890269_thumb.jpe

• Like 2

Great story, yea winter is the worst, this has been a great place for me to get good information from a great bunch of VERY knowledgeable guys for sure. Good luck to ya in 2015.

• Like 1

Thanks Nugget,

We need more feel good stories in this world of ours. How did you happen on a real emerald in North Carolina? I thought they were all salted from Brazil at the pay gem mines around Franklin,NC? That's what I was told years ago anyway. I did once hear rumors  of a real emerald mine in NC..

That is one cool rock....

-Tom

• Like 1

Idk Tom it just showed up in my classifier and I thought it was an awesome looking stone ...showed it to someone back at camp and they said that was big for that area...funny thing is we dug in the same place for 2 more days and found 2 tiny tiny ones and a few small tiny diamonds..got paid and mined our way back to Cali...