Park 2 Compared To Field 1 Or Field 2?

7 hours ago, bado1 said:

Cal,

I'm right next door to you in AZ.. Just like you...mild to wild. The place I recently hunted in Field 2 is moderate. I don't remember the Equinox GB number though. I think that you will love the Nox in your iron polluted sites.

Dean

Cool, I didn't realize you were in AZ.  I'm looking forward to detecting the desert, have a feeling the EQ is going to be interesting at these old sites.  

HH,
Cal

Guest Tnsharpshooter
29 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Cool, I didn't realize you were in AZ.  I'm looking forward to detecting the desert, have a feeling the EQ is going to be interesting at these old sites.  

HH,
Cal

I think it will be too. Interesting that is.

On 3/5/2018 at 8:55 PM, Tnsharpshooter said:

Yes I have.  I find park 2 to be deeper generally.  My soil medium mineralized. And I have watched a video of a gent testing Equinox in real mild soil, seems park 2 deeper there too- they tested only on higher conductive coins though.

My test in my area show park 2 deeper on both a nickel and higher conductive coins.

Field 2 I have used and have had some extraordinary performance using. Seems it loves polluted sites of iron. This is where I got my ah ha moment using.

I tested park 1 and field 1 for depth, but for actual detecting I use park 2 or field 2 depending on the site and my targets of interest.

In a very trashy site (lots of bent rusty nails), I did best on coins with Field 2--or, at least, that's when I found the two mercury dimes in an area I've hunted to death with the Etrac, but could have just been luck. I've been using mostly Park 2 since but no more silvers, so may go back to Field 2. Will have to do more experimenting. I keep having to remind myself the Nox modes are not the same as the Etrac's discrimination patterns/modes, and that I can't simply adjust one to be like the other.  Too bad ML is so secretive.   

• Like 2

I’m hoping Minelab comes out with Multi-IQ Part 4 that explains in detail the differences between the modes so we don’t have to do so much guessing and wondering if we are using the best mode..

Little hints are given in the manual but I like details so I can dial in for ultimate performance..

I understand that we all have different conditions and targets we are after so we have to do some experimenting but more detailed knowledge of the modes would help shorten that process and help us understand what we are or aren’t experiencing..

I love this Detector and just crave more information about it..

Bryan

• Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 2:31 PM, bado1 said:

I haven't done anything in Park 1 or Field 1 yet. I've used Park 2 and Field 2. My impression of Park 2 was that it is more geared to sifting through modern trash like aluminium and jumps on the higher conductors. Field 2, on the other hand, Is very "sparky" especially when the Iron Bias is set to zero and the speed set to 6 or 7. I used Field 2 on a site that is polluted with mostly old iron trash and hot rocks from rail road track ballast. It was very immune to the hot rocks. I found that if I raised the Iron Bias up to 2 that it was less "sparky" on this site. Bringing the IB up seemed to make the tones more mellow... or made it report the tiny iron bits less (?). Field 2 jumps all over the mid and lower conductors like lead and copper.  

Dean

The difference between Park2 and Field2 is :...  Field2 and the range of iron and Tone break to ID number 2 ....- so the ID 1, 2 is golden as iron, and it is too high Recovery speed 7- small gold has too less sharp,clear-tones audio signal, even a  less deeper - but the coin response is still good ..Try  it....

• Like 2

Guest calabash digger

Park 2 is the deepest in my soil , it also hit the small gold above ground in my test the best too. I have been relic hunting with park 2 in thick iron and it does well too. I will give field 2 a run sometime though in the iron and see what happens.

Park 1 and Field 1 are less sensitive to tiny stuff than Park 2 and Field 2 and also less sparky on ferrous stuff. If you want quieter hunting focused more on coin type targets consider Park 1 and Field 1. Mind you those two modes are already hotter on small stuff than BBS/FBS. If you want the super hots on tiny stuff and are willing to deal with a little more noise, a little more ferrous falsing use Park 2 and Field 2.

It’s really not complicated. Click to enlarge...

minelab-equinox-park-field-search-profiles-detail.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nope, when you say it like that Steve, it's not complicated. I have had good luck with Park 1 using Dirtfishing's tone breaks and switching to all metal when I want to check uncertain tones. I will switch to learning Park 2 next time out.

Just switching between Park 1 and Field 2 has a different " feel" to the way the modes hunt. I changed both modes from the factory presents to have no disc, 50 tones, 1 IB, 7 recovery, and turned the T1 zone volume down to 4. So, they are both set up the same but they hunt completely different. Park 1 is more " tame" but really hits the higher conductors harder. Field 2 hits the lower and moderate conductors harder. ID on coins in Park 1 is better ( more consistent with the charts). I had copper pennies ID quite high in Field 2. In Field 2 I dug more tiny copper bits like bullet jackets than in Park 1. Oh, and  I set the target tones up to 25 in T2 so that the tone split is much more distinct ( higher tones on the high conductors). I love how versitile this machine is in an uncomplicated way. You can change many of the settings without compromising it's hunt-ability. I hope that makes sense.

Dean

• Like 4