Makro Racer Pricing

makro-racer-metal-detector-large-studio.jpg

Hello all... back in Turkey from our trip in the USA.

Do not want to keep you guys waiting more..here you go - the official pricing info on the Makro RACER:

STANDARD PACKAGE - $499

Includes:

29cm x 18.5cm (11" x 7") DD Search Coil

Search Coil Cover

Headphones

4 x AA Alkaline Batteries

PRO PACKAGE - $699

Includes:

11" x 7" DD Search Coil

5.5" x 4.7" DD Search Coil

Covers For Both Search Coils

Headphones

AC & Car Charger

4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries

Carrying Bag

Treasure Pouch

Rain Covers

Cap with Official Makro Logo

T-Shirt with Official Makro Logo

Bluetooth headphones as well as all accessories can be purchased separately.

Racer Metal Detector Accessories Manufacturer’s Suggested Resale Price

RC13 - DD Search Coil - (13cmx12cm - 5''X4.5'') $109.00

RC26 - DD Search Coil - (26cmx14cm - 10''x5.5'') $139.00

RC29 - DD Search Coil - (29cmx18.5cm - 11''x7'') $159.00

RC40 - DD Search Coil - (40cmx33.5cm - 15.5''X13'') $249.00

RC13 - Search Coil Cover $9.00

RC26 - Search Coil Cover $15.00

RC29 - Search Coil Cover $19.00

RC40 - Search Coil Cover $29.00

Carrying Bag $49.00

Rain Covers (Set of 2) $29.00

Treasure Pouch $9.00

Charging Kit (AC & Car Charger 4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries) $49.00

Cap with Official Makro Logo $15.00

T-Shirt with Official Makro Logo $15.00

Koos Headphone - KPH7 $20.00

Philips SHB7000 Bluetooth Headphones and Dongle $179.00

Bluetooth Dongle Only (BT module) $99.00

Middle Rod $32.00

Lower Rod $16.00

Armrest $28.00

Here is a downloadable pdf price list Makro Racer Metal Detector & Accessories Price List 1/23/2015

More information on the Makro Racer and Makro Gold Racer

makro-racer-pro-package.jpg

makro-racer-accessories.jpg

makro-racer-optional-bluetooth.jpg

• Like 3

I am glad you are back home safely and hope you found time for more than just work while in the US.

Since that is MSRP I guess the question is whether discounts will apply and what they will be. Does Makro enforce a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP)?

I like the new 5.5" x 10" DD option.

Even at MSRP that is aggressive pricing for the features offered. I can't think of any detector right now offering both manual ground balance and ground tracking at that price point.

Ultimately due to the nature of this forum I think what people are going to be most interested in is the Gold Racer. I know that is the one I am hoping becomes my number one VLF prospecting machine. The new 5.5" x 10" DD is a step in the right direction there. That needs to be the stock coil on the Gold Racer.

• Like 2

You almost have to try one at that price.  That puts it right smack in the middle of the mid range units.  If it performs well that will be a good seller. 

I also agree that is a good coil combination for the Pro Pack.  A 5x10 coil is just a 5" coil in a 10" shoe.  The 5" coils are too specialized.  A 5x10 has more flexibility.  

Even though I don't need it, it still looks good enough to check the clad jar.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Lots of complaining on the other forums about the current lack of 4.7" x 5.2" coil. The Nokta coils will not work on the Makro. I do think that the 5" x 10" is a more useful size but people are fascinated by the little coil, and with good reason. It is a great little sniper coil.

Might be that regular Racer should come with 11" x 7" coil and Pro Pack also includes 5.2" x 4.7" coil

Then make Gold Racer stock with 10" x 5.5" coil and Pro Pack also includes 5.2" x 4.7" coil.

No matter what you do somebody will complain though!

I agree the 10" x 5.5" needs to be the stock coil for the Gold Racer.  In fact it would be nice to just make that the stock coil for both Racer's, then let the customer purchase whatever additional coil works for them.  As everyone has different desires and needs.

Personally, those bigger coils that I'm always forced to buy just set in the closet and never get used.

Steve, there was a lot of talk about how well the SMALL coil is working on the Fors. They said the racer would be every good as the fors,in better configuration. Then they release the pricing ...no small coil. I do believe they will listen to us and offer one rather quickly,but I feel your being a little snipy toward us by saying no matter whst you do,some always complain. That forum is mostly relic hunters and guys hunting in iron trash...which a small,tight powerful coil is what we need. Kind of like if the gold racer comes out ...without an all metal mode. Ray

No doubt you are right Ray. Funny thing is IF there had been a 5.5" x 10" DD coil for the Fors Gold and IF it was what was being used instead then all the noise would have been about that coil and everyone would be excited to be getting it. The 5.5" x 10" DD in my opinion is going to prove the be the best all around coil for the detector and is the reason I hope it comes stock on the Gold Racer.

I am in full agreement about there needing to be a small coil for the Racer. The difference is I never doubted for a second it would happen.

I am still recommending that the prospectors wait and see what the Gold Racer offers.

I dont doubt it will happen either,and said so over at Toms. Dilek did say something to the effect that if theres demand,theyll do it. And there is demand,lol.

I use the 5x10 the most on my gb pro...but in THICK nails,the 5inch smokes it. Ray

• Like 1