Do You Think The Equinox Is Nose Heavy? Do You Think The Battery Will Be Replaceable?

Is that a shower cap or something over your coil? To keep sand out at the beach?

Or....?

(thanks for the video)

• Haha 1

Yep, plastic shower cap keeps coil clean. 100 for $6 on ebay. Lately the ground has been muddy. Mud gets all over detector when I dig. I wrap it up to stay clean.

• Like 2

That size coil and extending it for longer sweeps.... ya its nose heavy..... but because its NOT a CTX or Xcal or many of the other heavy or poorly balanced machines, you may not notice it.  

There have been all kinds of threads on that battery...... yes its replacable.   Down side...... it only has 1 year warranty the machine has 3.   I highly doubt that most will need a replacement.  Most all of my machines even the old blue Xcals with the 700 mah are still ticking.   BUT..... what i suspect will happen first is someone will come up with an upgrade and everyone will jump on the band wagon to replace theirs for more run time.   Thats what we do lol.   One forum has a thread that shows what it all looks like removed.   Im not sure from looking at it that water can get to the box.... much like the CZ.  We all know there are those who just shouldnt be opening anything lol....... so it all comes down to ML.  If you clearly mess it up they have the option to charge you of course for any repairs. 

• Like 1

Thats right Steve......not sure they dont already have larger liths now.   Early on i think someone already posted a much larger lith battery that would work.  Larger capacity.... means longer hours of charging using the current USB method.   I understand they are looking at magnesium possibly for batteries.

12 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

Thats right Steve......not sure they dont already have larger liths now.   Early on i think someone already posted a much larger lith battery that would work.  Larger capacity.... means longer hours of charging using the current USB method.   I understand they are looking at magnesium possibly for batteries.

You are probably right but the latest and greatest batteries tend to be very expensive.

18 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Hey on the bright side Ringmoney..............we didnt pay $2500 so we can afford them lol

Speaking of savings, I estimate that over the lifetime of that rechargeable battery, I will save $200 in battery purchases. That makes the Equinox EXTREMELY affordable.

I hereby authorize you to USE this argument when you justify the nox purchase to your wives. :biggrin:

Never underestimate how fast battery technology will advance and prices drop. The battery in Equinox right now is the perfect example. There will be a battery in three years that costs not a dime more, but will be a better battery. Or the existing battery will drop in price by half or more. That’s just the way the technology rolls.

• Like 1