4500 Vs 5000

They are pretty much the same.  One will cost you a little more....   :smile:

The 5000 has the Fine gold timing and is slightly 'quieter' with respect to electronic noise.  That's the main difference.

I have a 5000 and rarely use the Fine Gold timing.  The ground I hunt doesn't require it.  My friend has a 4500 and does as well or better than I do.  I use Sensitive Extra a lot and the 4500 has that timing too.

Good Luck with your decision.

Luke

• Like 2

Thanks for all the comment guys............

I realy wish I could have a 7000 but just can't justify it because of where I live. I just am not able to get out much for detecting. However after a few trips with "Mugsy" who has one, I gotta say that I am very impressed with the number of smaller nuggets it produces.

BTW Steve this is a little off topic but I discovered and maybe everyone else knows this but me, we found good sized nuggets in Alaska, (a place you are familiar with) that the 7000 found but were not detectable with a 4000 or 4500. These were NOT small nuggets. I was surprized but you probably have come accross this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Nuggets Bob said:

the 7000 found but were not detectable with a 4000 or 4500. These were NOT small nuggets. I was surprized but you probably have come accross this.

I see this almost every day. The area I am working has seen every generation of detector and I still pull out nice pieces consistently with the 7000. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2018 at 4:57 PM, Big Nuggets Bob said:

Thanks for all the comment guys............

I realy wish I could have a 7000 but just can't justify it because of where I live. I just am not able to get out much for detecting. However after a few trips with "Mugsy" who has one, I gotta say that I am very impressed with the number of smaller nuggets it produces.

BTW Steve this is a little off topic but I discovered and maybe everyone else knows this but me, we found good sized nuggets in Alaska, (a place you are familiar with) that the 7000 found but were not detectable with a 4000 or 4500. These were NOT small nuggets. I was surprized but you probably have come accross this.

My staff and I train customers in small groups at famous Rye Patch, NV and Sumpter, OR.  When we get a good soft signal we allow all the detectors in the class to try and hear it.  This allows everyone to see which model and brands of detectors are doing best (on that target in that soil) at hearing it.  9 times out of 10, the 4500 with same size coil hears what the 5000 does.  If money is not an option, then the 5000 covers more bases.  But so would a Gold Monster 1000 and 4500 for less money than a 5000...Just something to think about.

As for the 7000 seeing big gold the GPX do not?  Oh boy does it ever.  That is part of Day 1 class and seeing many varieties of gold and how they respond to different detectors and technologies.  I can even show you $500 pieces of gold my GM-1000 sees better than my 7000.  More food for thought.

So many people assume a high dollar gold detector finds it all.  Not so fast my friend.  Proper Education will help you find more gold.

DSCN8825.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Bob where you and I live and the areas we have close to detect a vlf is more than adequate. I've had a gpx4000 in our neck of the woods and you dig deep holes constantly for square nails. The iron mask on those detectors has a depth of around 6 inches so to verify a bad or good target you have to get down to within that distance to decide to keep digging or not. In my opinion most areas we have to detect up here is best achieved with a vlf. And the three detectors I would recommend are the Xterra 705 with the 6 inch DD HF and the 15 inch DD HF. The next is the Gold Monster 1000 and then the third is the Equinox 800. I have had far more success with the gold monster than the gpx 4000. Even my Xterra 705 netted me more nuggets. The one area up here where the 4000 would outshine these is Scratch Gravel Hills near Helena. Its all decaying granite and extremely hot. Ideal area for a gpx or gp or gpz. You really cannot go wrong with a monster.